Chapter Forty-Six

Zara's POV

We don't go wedding shopping that day, but we do go the next day. I am accompanied by Mum, Maryam, Hafsa, Ayesha and Layla. In the last few months, me and Layla have become really close friends. She's actually a sweet girl, and no matter what she was like in the past, she has changed. I can see this much, even though I didn't personally know her in the past. I asked her a few days ago, if she wants to go wedding shopping with me, especially when I go to find my wedding dress. She was ecstatic when I asked her, and she agreed happily, saying that she felt honoured and lucky that I had asked her.

So, Dad drops us off at 10am at the shopping mall in the city centre. This mall contains all the large, popular designer Asian bridal wear stores, and also several jewellery stores and shoe shops. We walk around the mall, visiting each and every store.

Two hours have passed, and I have only bought a set of bangles yet. They are green and gold, and are stunning. I don't have a Pakistani outfit to match them with yet, but I will make sure that I do because the bangles are so pretty.

At 1am, we have lunch at a small, cozy restaurant near the mall. We each choose different things to eat; I choose pizza, Hafsa chooses lasagne, and so on. Mum pays for us all, being adamant that she wants to treat us. We have dessert, too.

'Zara, you're so picky!' Ayesha says, laughing. We have just finished having dinner, and are just sitting at the table and talking.

I chuckle. "Well, everything's got to be perfect!"

Everyone laughs, nodding. 'Yes, babe. Everything will be absolutely perfect! We should try that boutique which Aunty mentioned earlier. Mum and her friends were also talking about it, and saying that the bridal dresses there are so beautiful,' Hafsa says, smiling.

An hour or so ago, Mum had mentioned a high-end, very expensive bridal dress boutique. It was on the top floor of the mall we were in earlier, the one we were going back to after lunch. She had said that her friends and also Aunty had been talking about the store, and saying that we should go there. So, after everyone persuading me for at least half an hour, I agree to check out the boutique.

Just as we are about to get up, my phone starts to ring. I take it out of my purse and I blush when I see the caller ID. Zaid. Why is he calling me? Is he crazy?! He knows that I'm shopping with everyone.

Hafsa sees my phone, and she smirks at me, causing my cheeks to burn even brighter. I turn my phone to silent mode and turn back to everyone. Mum sees me blushing and chuckles.

'Let's go,' I mutter, leading everyone out of the restaurant. I hear everyone laughing from behind me, but I ignore them. On the way to the mall, I check my phone. Zaid has sent me a text, telling me to take pictures of myself after I try on wedding dresses. I blush deeper, sending him a one-word reply – No.

We head back into the mall, and take the escalators up to the top floor. The designer boutique is the largest store on the floor, and even before walking in, I can see how stunning the dresses are. They're absolutely beautiful.

We walk into the store, and are greeted by a lovely saleswoman. "Hi ladies! How are you all doing? Have you come to see some wedding dresses?" She smiles brightly at us.

We smile back at her, nodding. 'Yes, can we please see some bridal dresses? Show us the best you've got,' Mum says, excitedly.

"Who's the bride?" The woman, named Aliya, asks.

Everyone points towards me, making me chuckle.

"You're beautiful, you will make a beautiful bride! Now, what type of wedding dress would you like to see?" She asks me brightly.