Chapter Thirty-Five

Zaid's POV

Zara's face falls, and my heart constricts. Maybe I shouldn't have told her.

'You're...getting married?' She whispers, looking shocked. I notice that her eyes have welled up with tears, and I smile briefly. Is she upset?

"Yes, I've told my parents about my decision to get married soon," I tell her, slowly. She looks upset. What does that mean? It brings my hopes up. I look into her eyes, searching.

I wasn't lying when I told her I know she feels something for me. I know that she feels something, but it can't be as strong as what I feel for her. She trembles every time I touch her. She blushes all the time around me. Hopefully not around any other guys. I love her. I never knew what it felt like to love someone so much, with all your heart. I feel like I can do anything in the world for Zara, to keep her beautiful smile on her face always. I can do anything for her. Anything at all.

I feel guilty for making her upset, though. Her expression makes my heart constrict with pain. Maybe what I'm thinking is correct, though. Maybe it's not just wishful thinking. Maybe she is feeling upset, after hearing that I've decided to get married quickly. Is she thinking that I will marry someone else, and forget about her? That's impossible.

I will marry only Zara. I feel happy, remembering that her parents have agreed for our marriage. Now, I only need her answer. Which I will get very soon. I need a ring, first. I wonder what type of ring she likes. I'll ask Hafsa, maybe she can help me. I was talking to Hafsa last night, about buying Zara a ring and how I didn't know what her ring size is. Hafsa told me not to worry, and that she will get Zara's ring size for me. I feel excitement build up inside me.

Zara has absolutely no clue about what's going on behind her back. I know that she is suspicious that everyone is hiding something from her, I could tell by her reactions earlier. I need this to stay hidden, though, for the time being. I want to surprise her. I want to propose to her in front of the whole world.

And I will do that.

She looks up at me, slowly nodding. 'Well, that's definitely a surprise for me.' My eyes are not deceiving me. She definitely looks upset. I want, so much, to hold her in my arms and tell her that I am in love in her, that I will marry her only. But that would ruin the surprise. I want her to be happy when I surprise her, when I propose.

"You're shocked, too, right?" I ask her, chuckling.

She nods. 'Yes, I am. You never liked the idea of marriage. Not for yourself, anyway. What changed everything? I can't believe it,' she says, unbelieving.

I smile. "Zara, believe it or not, you changed everything. You changed my views on marriage. You persuaded me, that there is someone in the world for everyone, and that marriage is a beautiful relation. I no longer want to be the guy I used to be, Zara. I want to change. I have changed."

She nods. 'I know you have, Zaid. You've changed completely. It's crazy. Just five months ago, less than five months ago, when I went to the interview, you were a completely different guy. You were always a good guy, but you've changed a hell of a lot in these five months,' she says, thoughtfully.

I nod. "I know, and I'm happy about that. I'm glad I've changed," I respond, looking into her beautiful eyes.

She gives me a small smile, which looks rather forced. 'Me too, Zaid. So...have you found anyone? Have you found a girl to marry?' Her eyes have welled up with tears.

I shake my head, after thinking for a moment. "Not yet, but I will soon."

She chuckles for a moment. 'Yeah, I know you will soon. As soon as this news is out, that Zaid Malik has decided to get married, you will be receiving proposals from everywhere! The public will go mad!'