Chapter Thirty-Four

Zara's POV

Okay. I need to know what's going on. Everyone is acting so weirdly around me. It seems like everyone knows something which I don't. Yes. They're definitely hiding something from me.

I'm glad that Mum and Dad are very happy, but why are they suddenly so happy? They have constant smiles on their faces, and they keep exchanging secretive looks. Maryam, too! What are they not telling me?

It is now Sunday, the following day, and I am sitting in my room, lost in my thoughts and trying to figure out what's up with everyone. Mum barges into my room, holding a hanger with a beautiful Pakistani dress.

'Here, wear this. And quickly get ready, we need to go soon,' she says, handing me the dress.

My eyes widen. "Mum, you can't expect me to wear this! This is..too much! And, I haven't seen this dress before. When did you buy it?"

She grins. 'It's new, and...I bought it recently. You have to wear this, you'll look beautiful!' She says, pouting.

I laugh, shaking my head. "Mum, we're only going to Hafsa's house! We're not going to a party or something, that I need to dress up so much!"

She chuckles. 'Get changed, and dress up nicely. Apply some makeup, I won't say anything today. Just hurry up, and don't argue about it. Please?'

I roll my eyes and nod. "Fine, Mum. I'll do it." I actually want to dress up today. I want to look nice in front of Zaid. I blush at the thought.

I change into the beautiful, light pink anarkali dress and look at my reflection in the mirror. It fits perfectly, and it is an absolutely stunning dress. It has light embroidery, it is simple yet elegant. Just as I like it. Mum knows me and my style too well.

I love this dress

I love this dress. It has become my new favourite. I don't wear Pakistani clothes too often, but I have to say that they suit me. I feel so good wearing this dress, I feel beautiful.

I get started on my makeup, keeping it simple and I match my lipstick with the dress. Perfect. My base is flawless, as is my simple eye makeup. I have applied light gold and brown eyeshadow to my eyelids, mascara, and eyeliner. I add kohl to my inner waterline; it makes my eyes pop. Honestly, kohl does wonders to any makeup look. My favourite facial feature is my eyes, and I especially love how they look when I apply kohl.

After a few minutes of debating what to do with my hair, I decide to straighten it. My hair is naturally wavy, but I like how it looks when I straighten it, which is not very often.

I glance at my reflection in the mirror, pursing my lips. Yes. I take out my diamond studs which Dad had gifted to me on my last birthday, from my jewellery box, and put them on. Nice. I love my simple, yet elegant look today. I hope someone else likes it, too.