Chapter Sixty-Eight

Zara's POV

The next day, we've invited all our relatives and friends over for dinner. Me, Aunty and Hafsa are busy all day long, cooking and cleaning. Aunty still doesn't want me to work around the house, but I'm adamant on helping.

Zaid and Uncle also offer a helping hand with the cleaning, which actually makes me laugh. Zaid cleaning up.. it's crazy, right? Crazy, but he looks adorable with his sleeves rolled up to his elbows and his hair sticking to his forehead.

I make the desserts. Chocolate fudge cake, kheer, and ras malai. Aunty and Hafsa have done the rest of the cooking. They've prepared lots and lots of lovely foods, including biryani, roast chicken, butter chicken, samosas, chow mein, lasagne, pakoras, vegetable curry and so much more.

There's so much food, that I don't know what to do. It looks yummy, but it looks... too much. No one would be able to eat so much food. Aunty, though, wanted to cook lots more. Crazy.

'Beta, go and change. You too, Hafsa. Everyone will be arriving soon. Zara, where's Zaid? Don't tell me he's gone out again with his father,' Aunty says, rushing around the kitchen and applying some final touches to the food.

"He's upstairs, Aunty. He's taking a shower. And Uncle's in the living room. You too take a break, Aunty. The food looks delicious, and I know everyone will love it. Trust me. You've been on your feet since 6 this morning. You take a break too," I say, smiling at her.

'Are you sure everything's fine? I wanted to cook more, but you girls didn't let me.'

Me and Hafsa chuckle, shaking our heads. "Everything's perfect, Mum. Trust us! Zara, please, you've helped so much today. How long has it been since your wedding? Three and a half weeks. Go and take some rest before the guests arrive. Me and Mum will sort everything out. Go!"

Hafsa literally pushes me out the kitchen, laughing. As I step out the door, she whispers. 'Zaid bhai has been waiting for you for so long! Go and enjoy some time!' She winks, blowing a kiss at me and returning to help Aunty in the kitchen.

My cheeks turn deep scarlet as I walk towards the staircase, shaking my head. Ever since I started helping with the cooking, Zaid wanted me alone. He kept trying to make excuses, but I kept ignoring him. He's so crazy. He has no shame at all.

I walk upstairs to our bedroom, a small smile playing on my lips. I can't wait to see everyone in an hour or so. I miss Mum, Dad, Maryam, Ayesha. I even miss Layla. She's a good friend now.

I open my bedroom door and walk straight to the closet. I can hear the water running in the bathroom. Zaid's still in the shower.

After pondering for a few minutes, I decide to wear a mint green embroidered anarkali dress, which reaches just a couple of inches above my feet. It has beautiful silver and light pink embroidery all over it. The pajama and dupatta are light pink. I love this colour contrast, and I think it quite suits me, too. Mum had bought me this dress, as part of my wedding shopping.

I change into the dress, and put the thin, beautiful dupatta around my neck. Sitting at my dressing table, I start to apply some light makeup.

The bathroom door opens, and out walks Zaid, wearing nothing but a white towel around his waist. My mouth dries at the mere sight of him. My stomach clenches, and I bite my lip. I continue to do my makeup, but I'm distracted.

He walks towards me, a small smile on his lips.

God, he's so handsome. He's so hot. And he's all mine.