Chapter Seven

Zara's POV

I spend the rest of the weekend with my family. On Saturday evening, I go shopping to the city centre with Maryam. We both buy some dresses and of course, makeup. A girl can never have too much makeup. My side job as a beautician and makeup artist requires me to have a lot of makeup, which is a good thing so I don't need to make excuses for buying lots of makeup. We have dinner at a local restaurant that evening, before heading home.

I stay at home on Sunday, helping Mum and Maryam around the house in the morning. Mum does the cooking, as usual, and me and Maryam help to clean up. Then, I clean my bedroom which doesn't take very long as it wasn't too messy in the first place. I hate it if my room gets really messy, so I'm cleaning it all the time. Yes, I'm a bit of a clean freak, I guess you could say.

'What time are you coming back from university tomorrow, Zara?' Mum asks me as we are having dinner that night.

"I have lectures all day tomorrow, I finish at 6. So I'll probably reach home at about quarter past 7," I tell Mum.

She nods.

'Lucky you! You only have university two days a week!' Maryam says, laughing.

I nod. "Your timetable will probably be similar next year, when you start university, sis. You won't have lectures everyday. I'm not free for the rest of the week though, as I've started working at the office now."

Maryam smirks. She is in her final year of college, and hopefully next year she will be studying at the same university as me. However, unlike me who studies Psychology, she wants to study Sociology. Hopefully she will get amazing grades at college this year and will get into the same university.

"This biryani is amazing, Mum," I say, smiling.

Mum smiles. 'Thanks, dear. So, did you have fun with Hafsa on Friday?'

I nod. "Yeah, we had loads of fun. I helped her with her notes, then we watched a movie."

Mum smiles. 'That's good, dear. You should spend some time with Hafsa, she's always saying that she misses hanging out with you outside of university.'

I chuckle. "She's crazy, I'm with her all the time! But yes, she said she might come over this weekend."

Mum smiles and nods. 'That's great, she can come over anytime!'

After dinner, I help Mum wash the dishes and set them away. Then, me, Maryam and Mum watch a Bollywood movie like old times. It's actually pretty fun. Dad is in the other room, watching the football game. Like me, he supports Liverpool FC. Today's game is a pretty big one, and Liverpool are in the lead (so far), so Dad is happy.

The movie ends at 11pm. We make our way to our bedrooms. I need to sleep now, as I will have to wake up early tomorrow morning for university.

********

I wake up at 7am the next morning, feeling refreshed for once. I got a good night's sleep last night. I take a quick shower and change into a rose pink flowy top and light blue skinny jeans. I slip on my matching rose pink flats and my white leather jacket. Cute.

I have time for makeup, so I quickly do my natural makeup look. Today, I decide to apply a matching light pink lipstick. I tie my hair up into a sleek ponytail, grab my white purse and head downstairs.