Chapter Seventy (last chapter)

Zara's POV

The next day, I go out for lunch with the girls. Hafsa can't make it, though, because she's been called to babysit one of her baby nephews. How Hafsa's cousin Sabah chose her to babysit, I have no idea. Because Hafsa's a baby herself. However, Ayesha and Layla are waiting for me at one of our favourite local diners when I reach.

We're having lunch at an Italian place. Yum. I hug the girls when I see them waiting for me at a table in the far corner of the diner.

'Hey, Zara! You look beautiful, you're glowing!' Ayesha says, grinning at me.

I smile. I'm glowing? I actually thought I didn't look too good this morning, because of how sick I felt last night. I don't mention this to the girls, though, because I don't want them to worry needlessly. And thankfully, I'm feeling much better now.

"Ayesha's right, sweetie. You look amazing! More amazing than ever. Marriage sure is treating you very well," Layla winks at me.

I chuckle. 'Yeah. I've missed you girls, honestly,' I tell them truthfully.

'We've missed you too, babe. Tons. But now we can catch up with everything! What do you want to eat?' Ayesha asks me, handing me a menu.

I glance through it, and decide upon a simple, margherita pizza. My favourite.

"Good choice! I'll have the same," Layla says.

Ayesha calls over a waiter, and places our orders. She orders some veggie lasagne for herself. We all choose Diet Coke as our drink.

After we've ordered, we talk and talk and talk. About anything and everything. I tell the girls about how Hafsa couldn't come this afternoon, because she's busy with babysitting her cousin's son. Ayesha and Layla both laugh with me, saying that Hafsa babysitting would be a fun scene to watch. Then, I tell them about how amazing Aunty and Uncle are with me. They're so amazing.

"You're damn lucky, babe. Perfect in-laws and the most perfect husband. He loves you so much, it's adorable," Ayesha says, smiling. Layla nods, agreeing with her.

'I'm definitely lucky. And yeah, he does,' I whisper, blushing slightly at the mention of Zaid. I don't think I'll ever stop blushing around him, and at the mention of him. Not even when we have grandchildren!

"He's back at the office, but I can tell you, Zara, he wants to get home right away. He misses you the whole time when he's at work," Layla says, chuckling.

My blush deepens. 'Yeah, I know. He doesn't even want to go to work in the morning. He keeps trying to make excuses, but they don't work with me!'

The girls laugh and tease me about my blush. I enjoy catching up with them, it's lots of fun.

A few minutes later, however, I start to feel really weird. The smell of the pizzas and other Italian foods is making me feel so...

My head starts to ache, suddenly. I usually love the scent of freshly baked pizza, but today it's not sitting well with me at all.

I start to feel nauseous, and the girls quickly notice that something's wrong.

'Ayesh! Zara, sweetie, are you okay? What's wrong?' Layla asks, worriedly. She grabs my hand, and my palms are sweating.

I nod, trying to blink back the tears which have formed in my eyes.

"I.. I don't know," I whisper, trying to control my dizziness.

Just then, our waiter brings over our food. I had really been craving pizza, but now I don't even want to look at it. As soon as he places our plates on the table, I shoot up from my seat and run.