~1~

Olivia's POV

I stood by the front window of my brownstone, and watched as the kids climbed out of Elliot's car. He was getting Cayden from his booster seat, and the little boy's eyes were the brightest than have been in awhile. They must've had a fun weekend with their father and big sister.

I wanted to run out there and hug the kids, and ask them all sorts of questions, but I also didn't want to seem like I didn't want Elliot to spend more time with the kids.

"Mom, where home!" Jayden called as she opened the front door. I quickly slipped into the hallway, and then pretended to walk back out.

"Hey, kids! How was your weekend?" I asked, as I walked over and grabbed their bags, and sat it down on the window seat.

"Good, Dad took his bowling." Hanna smiled, and I smiled back at her.

"I bet that Dad won, didn't he?" I replied, and Elliot spoke as he came into the house, and sat Cayden on his feet.

"Of course I did. I win at bowling every time I go. And you know it." Elliot smiled. I nodded slowly, not sure what to say.

We've been divorced for two years, and I still don't feel really comfortable around him. I still love him, and that was getting in my way. I just wanted to move on!

"Kids, why don't you put your stuff in your rooms, and the dirty laundry in the laundry room. I wanna talk to your Mom real quick." Elliot spoke, and the kids nodded and ran off, Jayden helping Cayden up the stairs.

I picked up their shoes and placed them on the rack, before hanging up their jackets. Elliot shoved his hands in his pockets and swallowed hard.

"How have you been?" Elliot asked, and I sighed.

"Okay. You?" I asked, nervously.

"Decent. Izzy and I are driving to Maine to set up her dorm tomorrow." He spoke, and I nodded slowly.

"Cool. Um, I should go get dinner ready. Then make sure the kids'-"

"Their homework is done and checked. Gus already study for a vocab quiz tomorrow, and I found out that Hanna doesn't have to take it because she passed the other ones."

"Yeah, she was rubbing that in Gus' face for a week."

"Well, its nice seeing you." He spoke, before moving a little closer to me, but he didn't want to cross the line that has been developed.

"You too." I breathed, and I opened the door and he walked out. I watched as he walked down the stairs, and I called out to him.

"Elliot, have you dated anyone yet?" I asked, and he nodded.

"Yeah. A few girls. Why?"

"No reason. Bye, Elliot."

---

"Drinks?" Amanda asked, as she stood in the doorway of my office the next night.

"Depends, am I buying?" I asked, and she smiled.

"Oh, just come, Liv!" She exclaimed, and I laughed. I stood up and gathered my things.

"Let me call the kids on the drive over."

"I'll call Jesse too then. The guys are already at the bar."

---

After talking to the kids, Amanda and I got out of our cars and headed into the bar. It was kinda packed tonight, but the guys already had a booth at the back, and it was going to benefit us being anti social towards anyone outside of our circle.

Amanda and I stopped at the bar, and she looked at me.

"What do you want?" She asked, her voice decently loud due to the noise.

"Just a beer! I have to drive home." I replied, and she nodded. I escaped to the back and slipped in next to Cassidy.

"So, no more telling your CO when you are leaving?" I asked, as I stared down Fin, Brian, Chester, and Carisi.

Fin leaned forward and pushed a shot of whiskey towards me.

"I got you something hard." He smiled, and I rolled my eyes as I grabbed it and downed it.

"Thanks, but you all have paperwork duty tomorrow night. Don't leave without telling me again, alright?"

"Yes, Mom." They said in unison, and I cringed.

Amanda came over and handed me my beer, before sitting next to Carisi. I noticed that they joined hands under the table, and I smiled softly at that. At least one relationship worked out.

We drank and talked for awhile, before everyone went their separate ways. I sat the booth, and ran my finger around the rim of the water I had gotten. I needed to lose most of my buzz before heading home.

I heard a glass being sat on the table, and I looked up to see a man standing there and he smiled.

"Uh, can I join you? The bar is full." He spoke, and I nodded slowly.

"Uh, sure." I replied. He sat down and drank some of his beer, and then spoke.

"I'm Matthias, by the way." He smiled, and I looked up again and sighed.

"Uh, Olivia."

"Nice to meet you, Olivia." He smiled, as he reached his hand out to me. I shook it hesitantly, before grabbing my water and drinking it.

"So, this is a cop bar, so I'm guessing you are a cop." He spoke, and I nodded.

"Sorta."

"Are you like a dirty cop that steals drugs and stuff?" He asked, and I shook my head.

"I'm a Lieutenant."

"Are you even old enough to be one?" He asked, and I blushed.

"Yeah, I am. I bet I'm also older than you." I spoke, before reaching into my purse and checking my phone.

"I bet you that we are either the same age, or I'm older than you." He smiled, before pulling out ten bucks and slapping it down on the table.

"Tell me your age then." I sighed, and he leaned forward.

"41. You?" He spoke, and I stood up and I grabbed my purse. 

"You'll never know. Bye, Matthias." I spoke, before leaving the bar. He called after me, but I kept moving. 

Having him show any interest in me was surprising. I had Elliot flirt with me, and Hanna's father, Marcus wasn't subtle about his flirting. Maybe I wasn't too old to date, and I could maybe find someone...

If Elliot can, than I can.

Liking book two so far?!

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D