~12~

Olivia's POV

I walked into Jayden's room, and saw her leaning over the same journal that got her into trouble shortly after she was placed with us. She was writing quickly, and I knew that whatever it was, it was important. 

She has tons of journals, and every page was filled. Yet she only wrote the most important notes and entries in this old journal.

"Jayden, are you busy?" I asked my daughter, and she looked up, as she turned her chair around. Her body was in the right position to hide what she had written.

"I kinda am. Can this wait?" She asked, and I sighed.

"Well, this is kinda important, love." I replied, and she rolled her eyes. She turned back around and closed her journal, before turning back towards me.

"What is it then? Because I want to do anything and everything that doesn't have anything to do with this." She spoke, and I sighed.

"No need to be rude, Jay." I frowned.

"You took my phone away. I have to right to be rude!" She smiled, and I rolled my eyes. I sat down and shifted till I was comfortable.

"You have no right to treat everyone like crap. You are acting like a brat. This needs to end. If you want to have your phone back, you are going to go to behavioral therapy."

"Mom?" She questioned, and I shrugged.

"You are going. I can't keep dealing with this, and neither can your father. So either go to therapy, or plan to be grounded for a lengthy amount of time."

---

Jayden was pissed at the ultimatum, but Elliot came in and told her the same thing. So I drove her to my former therapist, Dr. Lindstrom, and I sat in his waiting room as they talked.

I kept going through my emails and attempting to get some work done, but it wasn't working. I was wondering what my daughter was talking about. I wanted to know what was bothering her. What was making her act like this. But I wasn't going to be able to find out until she told me herself.

After an hour, the door opened, and Jayden walked out. Her face was red from crying. But tears no longer ran down her cheeks. I stood up, and smiled at my daughter.

"Are you ready to go home?" I asked, and she nodded slowly. She walked over and grabbed her beanie and bag, and then stepped out into the hall. I looked at the doctor and sighed.

"She's okay, right?" I asked, and he frowned.

"I need you to come in tomorrow. There are some serious things that I'm allowed to disclose. I got permission from Jayden. She just can't say them to you or Elliot."

"Okay." I breathed, and he sighed.

"Just take good care of her. I want to see her on a regular schedule." He replied, and I nodded.

"Okay. Thanks."

I turned slowly and walked out of the living room. I looked at Jayden who leaned against the wall with her arms crossed over her chest, and I frowned.

She might be suffering from something she fears would ruin how we felt about her.

---

I took Jayden to the precinct after her appointment. I had her set up her work in my office, so I could make sure she was doing her actual homework, while I did my own work. Elliot showed up with salads for lunch, and I was thankful to have another person I love to focus on.

"Hey, baby." Elliot smiled, and I stood up and walked over to him. He sat the food down on my desk, before pulling me into his arms and kissing me deeply.

I heard Jayden make a fake vomiting noise behind us, and Elliot laughed as we parted.

"Don't make fun of us, Miss. You know that at some point you'll be kissing a guy like this." Elliot spoke, but then his eyes went wide.

"Not for awhile, right?" He asked, kinda panicked, and I sighed as I walked over and started to unpack the food.

"Yes. I promise."

We sat down at the table and Elliot and Jayden talked a bit, but there wasn't a real conversation happening. I kept looking at my daughter, and hoping that I might see the pain that she was hiding on her face, but instead, I didn't see anything at all. She just looked like my daughter after we adopted her, just a little bit older, and a little more exhausted looking.

"Jay, do you think you're ready for your phone?" Elliot asked, as he looked up from his food.

"Yeah?" She questioned.

"You aren't going to be rude anymore? And you won't pick fights with any of us?" I mused, and Jayden looked at me.

"I'm sorry for acting like that." She spoke, and I smiled softly.

"Good, because I'm tired of having to facetime you every time I need to contact you." Elliot laughed.

---

The next morning, Elliot and I sat in Dr. Lindstrom's office. He sat across from us as he read through his notes. I was nervous about what Jayden had said.

"Okay, Jayden is depressed."

"What?" Elliot whispered, as he grabbed my hand.

"She has been struggling with it for awhile, and I guess that she has been really good at hiding it. And then she also has been working through it since she was younger."

"How didn't we know?" I asked.

"Well, why don't I tell you what she wanted to tell me."

Mom and Dad,

This is hard to say, because I know you think that you know everything about me. But you don't. I've been sexually abused, and I've been beaten to an inch of my life. You both saved me, and it was the best thing to happen to me, and I'm sorry though. I'm sorry for not letting you in, and only resorting to being a giant dick, but it's me. Just like how Dad yells, Mom bottles it up and then cries herself to sleep. Cayden throws his toys, Hanna is like Mom and cries herself to sleep, and Gus is a jerk like me. I don't know why I'm explaining this, because you both know.

I love you both, but there is so much to explain. Like what my father did to me...

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D