~9~

Olivia's POV

Oh was I wrong.

Alex might have talked to my children about it,but it was final. They hated us. Even my little guy hated me, which I didn't think was possible.

Alex met me at work a few days after they found out, and picked up the clothes and stuff I packed for them.

"How are they?" I asked, as I handed Alex a light blue duffel bag with Cayden's name on it.

"Not good, Liv." She frowned, and I sighed, as I picked up two other bags, and we headed towards the elevator.

"Like, how not good? Like not talking to me and Elliot until they are in college, or like they want to talk to us about it?" I asked, and she bit her lip.

"The first one. Damn it." I groaned.

"Eventually they'll talk to you, Liv." She spoke, and I shook my head.

"If you know anything about my children, you'd know that they won't do anything, unless they want to."

"Yeah, I guess." She spoke, and I walked out of the elevator, and towards her car.

"If this is too much for you, I'll ask someone else if maybe they can help out." I spoke.

"No, it's fine. They are my neices and nephews. Don't worry." She smiled softly, before opening the door to her car.

We sat the bags in, before shutting the door. She looked at me.

"They still love you, Liv. At some point they'll come around." She smiled, before pulling me into a hug.

I held onto my friend, as tears threatened to spill over. Somehow I managed to not cry, until I was back in the precinct and riding up to my floor in the elevator.

---

I called Elliot, and told him what Alex had told me. Then we both left work and met up at my place.

"Hey." Elliot spoke, as he came into the backyard. I pointed at the bottle of beer across from me and sighed.

"Get drunk with me, Elliot." I spoke, and he sighed.

"Don't mind if I do."

We drank and went through three beers each before speaking, finally.

"I think we might need to break up." Elliot spoke, and I closed my eyes tightly, as a failing attempt at not crying.

"I don't want to, Elliot." I whimpered, and he moved over and sat closer to me.

"I don't want to either, but just think about the kids. Think about how they are feeling."

"They'll never want us to be together." I whimpered.

"Hey, as long as I can kiss you every once and awhile, I'l be okay." He smiled softly, but the pain in my eyes made his smile fade away.

"I'll call Alex."

---

I went to Alex's, and I was a mess. I wanted to be happy, but I didn't want to lose my kids. I have said I would give up my happiness in exchange for my children's.

"Liv, they are in the living room." Alex spoke, and I nodded, as I wiped a few tears from my cheeks.

She frowned, before pulling me into a hug. I cried more, before pulling away.

"It has to happen. We want our kids back, and breaking up was the only answer." I choked, and she reached up and wiped a tear from my cheek.

"I'm so sorry, Liv." She spoke, and I shrugged.