~20~

Olivia's POV

After my first chemo and radiation treatment, I was already exhausted and weak. Elliot and Alex made sure that the kids got to see me before hand, because they needed to see me how I was before the cancer started to take it's toll, instead of what I was going to look like during it.

"Cancer sucks." A girl next to me, named Paris, yawned as she was pumped full of the cancer meds, just like I was.

"I agree." I spoke, and she looked over at me.

"What kind do you have?" She mused.

"Lung cancer, but it spread to my kidney and my heart."

"Shit." She laughed, and I looked at her confused, but then I started to laugh too. I was happier laughing about my cancer, than having everyone pity me and cry about it.

We laughed for awhile, but then eventually our laughs turned into fits of coughing, and nurses rushed over and placed oxygen nubbins in our noses.

"You?" I questioned, once my breathing evened out.

"Stage 4 breast and cervix cancer." She replied, and I frowned.

"I'm sorry."

"Eh, at least I don't have to worry about having kids." She spoke, and I bit my lip, as I looked down at my book.

"Did I say something?" She mused.

"I just know that when I got cancer the first time, I was destroyed when my husband and I tried for another baby, but I couldn't get pregnant."

"I guess that bothers me... I don't want kids right now, but I'm only 26. There is always other ways if I change my mind." She replied, and I nodded. I reached up and started to work my hair back into a ponytail, but instead of just putting my hair back, I pulled my hand back, and a chunk of dark brown hair was between my fingers.

"Did you go bald before?" Paris questioned, as she noticed the hair in my hand.

"Yeah. I didn't grow it back for awhile, since once I was released and I could start working again, the cancer got worse." I replied.

"See, I was going through a phase like early 2000's Britney Spears. So I shaved my head, and then I came in here after getting a really bad infection, and I found out that I had cancer." She spoke, and I nodded slowly. I looked over at Paris, and sighed.

"We're fighters. All of us. Look, not one of us has gotten sick during this run." I smiled, and she laughed.

---

After my treatment for the day, I was released to go home. I got a cab and took Paris out to a late lunch, since for some reason we were hungry.

"So, how many kids do you have?" Paris questioned, and I sat my strawberry milkshake down and sighed.

"Four. My oldest is almost 14, and my youngest is 4. Do you have a family that you are close to?" I questioned.

"I have two brothers. We are triplets so since we shared a womb, so we are close." She grinned, and I chuckled.

"I have a brother, but he is crazy like his father, and like my mother." I sighed.

"I'll give you Parson for free. He is the brother I'd trade air for." She laughed, but then I watched as her eyes rolled back in her head, and she started to seize. I quickly moved out from my side of the booth, and helped her lay down on the booth, like I was trained.

"Someone call 9-11. Rush it and say Lieutenant Benson needs the ambulance!"

---

Elliot rushed to the hospital after he heard my call on his police scanner, and when he got there, his face was red from crying, and I knew he thought it was me.

"Baby! I thought you were dying!" He exclaimed as he walked towards me, and pulled me into his arms once I was in arms reach.

"I'm not, but one of the girls I'm in chemo with, might be." I whispered, and he looked down into my eyes.

"What?" He asked, knowing I spent several hours a day with these people, and I got attached.

"She started to seize at the diner. We were talking and laughing but then she just went silent, and I saw her eyes roll back into her head. Elliot, I didn't like it. It scared me to death to think that someone who is fighting cancer, might have something worse happening."

"Did they check you out at all?" Elliot questioned, as he tucked a piece of hair behind my ear, to only have it actually come out of my head. He swallowed hard, and I shook my head.

"I'm fine. I'm not really sick."

"You have cancer! You have tumors all over your insides, and you could be stressed it more than you should!" He exclaimed, and I sighed.

"I'm fine. Just sit with me so I can wait till Paris' family is here to check in on her."

"Okay. Come on."

---

Elliot's POV

Hearing Liv's name going over the police scanner scared me. And after going to the hospital, and realizing that she couldn't call in the emergency because she was helping out, gave me some relief.

When I got her home, the kids were still at school, so I didn't have to worry about them stressing Liv out, and it gave her time to talk to me about something on her mind.

"Can you grab your electric razor?" Liv asked, and I turned to look at her, as she pulled her t-shirt on.

"Why? I just got a haircut." I spoke, and she bit her lip.

"I don't want to be around the kids, and try to push my hair behind my ear, or up into a clip, and have it fall out of my head. I just need to get this over with." She breathed, and I gave her a small nod.

---

The kids arrived home with Lucy as I stood behind Olivia, and I slowly shaved her long brown locks from her head. She was crying, but we both knew this was the best option.

I heard the door open to our bedroom, and the kids were whispering, as they walked towards the bathroom where they heard the razor going. I turned my head and saw them standing their surprised, and even Cayden was frowning.

"Kids-" Liv started to speak, but Jayden spoke.

"You are beautiful, Mom. No matter if you have hair or not, or if you have cancer or are healthy."

Hey guys. Thanks for reading. Please vote and comment all of your feedback below. :)