~7~

Elliot's POV

Olivia and I spent the night together, and I got to sleep with her in my arms again. I got to kiss her, and hold her close. It was the best night sleep I've had since we got a divorce. I think Liv did too, because she kept sleeping until after 10 the next morning, and I didn't move. I didn't have the heart to wake her. She's had such a hard time, that exhaustion has become a feature on her face.

She yawned as she finally woke up, and she ran her fist over her eyes, before realizing that she wasn't sleeping alone. She opened her eyes, and looked up at me. I smiled, as her eyes locked with mine.

"Hey, love." I spoke, before leaning down and kissing her lips gently. She smiled and laid her head back down on my chest, before speaking.

"Better than I have in years." She spoke, and I chuckled lightly.

"I'm glad I could help you with that." I spoke, before leaning down and kissed the top of her head.

She sighed as she ran her hand across my chest, and I knew she wanted to get up, but she didn't want to move. I didn't want her to move either. I just wanted to hold her forever.

"I need to get up and shower. Especially if I want to get anything done today." She spoke, and I nodded.

"Okay, want me to join you?" I asked, and she blushed.

"If you want."

---

Olivia's laugh filled the air as we ate lunch in the backyard. It was barely a backyard, but it worked for the kids when we wanted them to just play in the back.

She ran her hands over her cheeks as she wiped at the tears that she had shed. I had gotten to her to laugh really hard, and it was an amazing sound for me to hear. This crying is better than the other ones.

"I love you so much." I spoke, as I grabbed Olivia's hand, and squeezed it. She smiled, and placed her other hand over our joined ones.

"I love you too." She spoke, and I heard my phone ring inside the house.

"I'm going to go get that, baby."

I stood up, and kissed her cheek softly, before walking into the house.

I ran to my phone, and answered it.

"Hey, Dad!" Izzy exclaimed, and I smiled.

"Hey, Iz. What's up, sweets?" I asked.

"What happened yesterday? You kinda ended our call."

"Oh, yeah. Liv showed up and I needed to talk to her. Don't worry."

"Is everything okay? Is she okay?" Iz asked, and I smiled.

My daughter loves Olivia, even if she wasn't accepted right away. She still thought Liv was amazing, and the strongest woman she knows.

"She's good, Iz. And I have something I need to tell you, but you can't tell your siblings." I spoke.

"I promise, Dad!" She exclaimed, and I smiled.

"Liv and I are trying to be together again."

"Oh, Dad." Izzy spoke, and I bit my lip.

"What?"

"You've got to focus on her. Don't let your focus wander, because you don't want to lose her again."

"I know, and I won't. I'm keeping her for good now, honey."

"Alright, well, I love you Dad."

"I love you too."

---

Olivia's POV

Elliot came back outside after talking on the phone, and he sat on the swing set. I looked at him in confusion, as I walked over to him. I sat on the one to his left.

"Elliot, are you alright?"

"Yeah, just thinking."

"About what?" I asked, as I ran my hands over my pants.

"Just what Iz said."

"What did she say?" I asked.

"She told me to focus on you."

"Well, I agree." I smiled, and he chuckled, as he moved the swing back enough that his feet just barely touched the ground.

"I just don't want to screw up again."

"Baby, I love you." I spoke, and he smiled.

"I know you do, and I do too. It's just that love didn't keep us together last night."

"Elliot, nothing kept us together last time. It just got too hard. I felt like I was getting disappointed over and over again, and you didn't care." I choked out, and he frowned. 

He let the swing move back so we were at the same height, and he ran his hand over his face.

"I wasn't the man I wanted to be."

"Hey, but at least we are together now, AND you have all of your kids."

"Liv, by the way, Isabel loves you." He spoke, and I smiled.

"I love that girl too, it's just harder to show, since she never hung around me, unless the other kids were here."

Elliot stood slowly from the swing, and walked around to me. He leaned down and kissed me hard and I smiled.

I hope that this way of kissing never ends.

---

Every time I went on a date, the kids thought it was with Matthias, but if only they knew I was dating their father again.

One night, Jayden walked into my bedroom, as I was curling my hair.

"Mom, this is the third date you have had this week with Matthias." She spoke, and I nodded.

"And?"

"Mom! This is getting really serious!" She exclaimed.

"Jayden, don't worry about it." I smiled, as I reached over and ruffled her short blonde hair.

After we got her, she refused to grow her hair out. She only wanted her short hair.

"Is he going to be our new dad?" Gus asked, as he, Hanna, and Cayden joined us. I sighed as I sat my curling iron down, and looked at them.

"No one, and I really mean no one, can replace your father."

"Yeah, it's not like he is dead." Gus spoke, and Jayden and Hanna turned to look at him.

"Insensitive much?" Jayden asked, and I sighed.

"Alright, everyone out of my bathroom. Go downstairs and finish the movie." I spoke, as I reached down and ruffled Cayden's hair. He giggled and ran off, and I sighed.

Why did they have to be so difficult?

---

I sat with Elliot, as a movie played on the screen. We had went to dinner, and were finishing up the movie, before heading home. We had a fun night, and I couldn't wait to get back to his place.

"We can leave right now." Elliot whispered, and I nodded slowly.

We stood and walked past a bunch of people, before we were in the lit hallway.

"So, Gus asked if Matthias is going to be their new dad." I sighed, as Elliot grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards the door.

"And what did you say?"

"I said no one could replace you, and then Gus decided to bring up dead fathers, and of course since Jayden's dad is dead now, and Hanna's is, they got angry."

"Welp." Elliot laughed, and I sighed.

"Just shut up and take me back to your place. Lucy is watching the kids tonight." I smiled, as I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

Hey guys! Thanks for reading! Please vote and comment all of your feedback below! :D