Chapter 3 - The Truth to Be Told

Lucky for me, I was once a student in Seoul International University for about four years. Enrolling in a degree course with the major of mass communication makes me realise that it is hard to travel on bus.

Therefore, I decided to drive. I had even gotten myself a driving license here. So, I know a little bit about the city as well. Since I graduated last year, I am pretty sure that the city has not changed that much, hopefully.

After doing the dishes and putting a light layer of make up on my face, we set off. I drive to the mental hospital.

He doesn't talk much during the trip, except for the authentication process conducted in order to allow us, or in this case, me to visit his brother. I would like to ask Hyunseung more about him, but I keep the intention to myself.

Upon arriving there, we finally manage to meet his brother. He is staring at the window while sitting at the corner when we arrive at his room. He looks exactly like Hyunseung. What makes them different is the colour of the eye lens. His eye lenses are green in colour, unlike Hyunseung, whose eyes are brown.

I greet him casually and introduce myself as Hyunsoon's friend. He introduces himself as Hyunjun. His eyes widen and he suddenly notices that someone is standing right next to me. I finally realise that he can see his brother.

I ask him. "Do you see anyone else other than me inside this room?"

He answers calmly. "Yes, I do. It is my brother."

I am startled for a while. I glance at him.

He smiles and says, "He has the sixth sense. He can see spirits."

I nod. “Oh, I see.”

Hyunjun greets him. “It’s been a while now.”

He smiles. “Yes, it feels like an eternity to me.”

His brother then invites us to sit. We start our conversation by chattering enthusiastically about the weather.

Hyunseung also teases his beloved brother playfully. He tells me that Hyunjun has once fallen in love with a very beautiful girl at the hospital.

She visits him every day at the hospital as she is also a patient there. Unfortunately, their love is never meant to be because Hyunjun finally knows that she is not a human. The girl also did not realise that, until he told her about it. From that moment onwards, they remain friends.

We laugh together happily after listening to the story. I can see how caring Hyunseung really is when he catches up with his brother’s health improvement. He even teases to haunt anyone who dares to mess up with Hyunjun.

Glancing at me shyly, he refuses his offer. “It is okay, hyung. I can handle them all by myself.” He mutters.

Noticing that he is just like a sane person, I ask him something which its answer I do not expect to hear from him. “By the way, I see that you are perfectly normal. Why would you be here?"