Chapter 5 - A Day With The Group Members

On the very next day, Dongwoon asks me to go out with the rest of the group members. They do not have any program today scheduled.

We all have a whale of time sightseeing at the city. Hyunseung does too. Even though nobody sees him except for me, I can tell that he is really excited throughout the whole trip.

At the traffic light, we suddenly are honked by a car right next to us. The driver is a young lady. After she removes her dark sunglasses, then only they seem to recognise her.

She shouts, “Well, hello there! Don’t you guys miss me?”

*** 

We stop by at a cafe to chat.

She looks extremely elegant and beautiful. She introduces herself as Lee Min Young. The boys call her Minnie. From what I can tell, she is someone really close to the group. Or at least, she is someone whom they really know.

Gikwang starts to chat, making the situation less awkward. “How is your life, Minnie?”

Minnie throws a few glances towards me and says, “I am doing just great. Thank you for asking, Gikwang. Right now, I am very busy being a model for Gucci and doing some advertisements on the local television network.”

Directing her attention towards me, she adds, “By the way, I have never seen you before. Are you from here?”

Taking a deep breath, I answer, “I am not a local. I am just a pen pal of them. You can call me Tiara.”

“Oh, I see. It is very nice to meet you. I hope that you are comfortable to have me here. I was really close to Hyunseung. You might as well consider me as his girlfriend.”

I am stunned. So, this is the girlfriend that they have been talking about. I never thought that she would be someone very pretty and successful in her career. It occurs to my mind that there must be a reason of why he does not like her.

“It is also very nice to meet you. You are very beautiful.” I say.

“Thank you, Tiara.”

They continue chatting with each other. I only remain silent.

At times, I would shoot some furtive glances at him. He does not look very calm. He keeps on fidgeting, looking very nervous. I do not know why he behaves that way, but I make a mental note to myself that it is something that I would definitely ask him after this.

After a while, we part our ways. Minnie says that she needs to go for some photo shoots session. Before she goes, she gives me her name card.

“It would be nice to see you again.” I say.  

“I sure am looking forward to it.” She smiles as she drives away.

We get back into the car. Everyone is silent.

Yoseob tries to lighten up the mood by suggesting us to go and eat some ice-cream. “Let’s go there and enjoy!” He says childishly.

We all cheer up. We buy some ice cream from the McDonald’s “Drive Thru”. Licking our ice creams happily, we chat.

The car passes by a crowded fun fair on our way back home.

We decide that it would be a waste not to stop by there. We have a marvellous time playing on the merry-go-round and taking a trip on the roller coaster.

After that, Dujun decides to play the games. His luck is very good. After three trials, he manages to get himself a big plush toy with I Love You written on both its paws.

Gikwang also plays. Though he tries hard to shoot the dart into the bullet eye, he fails miserably. Dujun then decides to help him by holding his hand and together, they dart.

We stand by the game parlour in anticipation. Enjoying our cotton candy, Yoseob and Dongwoon give them moral support by cheering for them. I clap happily.

The situation gets louder when suddenly few passers-by notice the famous boy group. They finally cheer when Gikwang manages to win a prize. Though it is not the main prize, as Dujun has already had his hands on it, he is very satisfied with it.

“This is totally better than winning nothing at all.” He says, holding the medium-sized brown teddy bear.

The fans ask them for autographs. They also snap some pictures with the boys.

A loyal fan of them says apologetically, “I’m so sorry upon hearing what has happened. I hope that you guys will stay strong and become the most successful boy group ever. Hwaiting!” She says.

Her boyfriend pumps his fists in encouragement.

“Aww~! They are so cute together.” I think.

On the way back home, all of us are very exhausted. We can hardly open up our eyes.

As soon as we arrive, it is already midnight. Everyone bids goodnight and goes to sleep.

I am very tired but at the same time, my mind quickly replays what has happened earlier during the day. During the time of when I met Minnie, I was very flabbergasted and confused.

I want to ask Hyunseung about it, but he seems to be getting some kind of rest on his own on the couch in his room. So I decide to spend some time before going to sleep by praying to God so that He would guide me through all this.

After a few silent moments of meditating, I immediately fall asleep.

***

The place that surrounds me looks quite familiar. Trying hard to retrieve my memory, I discover that it is the hospital.

 As I look around, I see him walking past me. Then only I do realise that he does not notice me as he does not response when I call him out loud for a few times. He seems to be in a hurry.

Right at the moment of when I try to catch up with him, a lady suddenly strides towards him. Getting something like a purple handkerchief out of her handbag, she swiftly puts it on his face. He suddenly faints. Not long after that, a group of men comes and drags him away into a black van.

I try to take a closer look at her face but everything seems so blurry. She then gets into another black van that stops by the roadside. I try so hard to chase her but the van quickly drifts away. I only manage to sit there and cry, thinking that I would never be able to see him again.