Epilogue - Is This A Coincidence?

(Five years later)

I stare at the cloudy sky. It seems like it is almost raining.

As I work on my computer, Mother comes to me, bringing me a mug of hot chocolate.

“You must be freezing, aren’t you? Here, have this to keep you warm.” She hands the stifling hot chocolate drink to me.

“Thanks, Mother.” I reply.

I take a sip of the hot chocolate. It tastes wonderfully delicious.

“Are you going to visit Mom and Dad this weekend?” She asks.

“Yes, I’ve already bought the plane ticket. Lisa is even getting engaged this weekend.”

She seems surprised. “Oh, is it true? Who is getting engaged with her?”

I smile at her. “She is getting engaged with Hyunjun. They met each other last year during the annual grand family dinner. I have never thought that things would work out between them.”

She says, “Nothing is predictable in this life.”

I utterly agree with her.

 I am now staying with Mother. Once in a while, I would go back to visit Mom and Dad. Now, I have two caring mothers. I strongly believe that I am the luckiest girl in this world.

As for the boys, they no longer stay in one group. Each one of them debuts as a solo singer. Nevertheless, we still hang out together frequently on weekends no matter how busy we really are.

Hyunjun, on the other hand, has completely recovered from the mental disorder he has suffered for about twenty years. He is now twenty-nine, furthering his study in the medical field, majoring in psychology. He learns fast. Despite the fact that he dropped out during the middle school, he manages to get his feet back on the ground. He copes well in his study. I often contact him and take care of him like a brother. He also does the same for me.

Lisa now manages to pursue her dream to be a fashion designer. She has just launched some designs of wedding collection under her own brand. She also forces Hyunjun to wear one of the designs for their upcoming wedding.   

Minnie has just been released. I have met her last week. She still looks as beautiful as ever. The only thing that has changed about her is the way she views the world. She is more matured and does not only think of fame and popularity. Now she is working hard as a writer and journalist. She even publishes some of her work that she has produced during the last five years.

As for me, I am now working at one of the finest broadcasting companies in Korea. I know that it might sound ridiculous. Believe it or not, it is Dongwoon who has referred me to the company. I just cannot believe my luck. He has always been an attentive close friend.

I now look at things positively. In my opinion, meeting Hyunseung is the best thing ever that has happened in my life. I really am looking forward to meet him again, even in dreams.

***

It is eight thirty in the morning. The plane is scheduled to depart at nine.

“Oh gosh! I am almost late!” I think. I am pulling my luggage to the counter when suddenly someone bumps into me. I immediately fall hard on the floor. “Ouch, that really hurts!”

“I am so sorry, miss.” He helps to pick up my things and apologises to me fervently. He also pulls me up.

The moment he touches my hand, I feel my heart beats fast. Why is it reacting this way? What is happening to me? I look at the person who has bumped into me earlier.