🕷Prologue🕷

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot. Also, the Readers hero name, and powers, are NOT based off of Percy Jackson. I didn't begin reading the series until far after coming up with the concept, and before that, I hadn't heard much about it.

🕷

Prologue

🕷

"I spot blue hair!"

"I spot blue hair!"

"What do you mean blue hair? Is it the skin peeking through?"

"No, I mean blue hair. Clara look, blue hair," the doctor pointed at two thick strips of blue hair near the front of the newly born baby's head. There was very little hair, but the blue was still obvious, "I think this is a mutation. I'll leave the child to the nurses and gather some resources for you to look at. It's completely understandable if you don't wish to raise a mutated child."

Clara (L/n) resisted the urge to glare at the doctor for the mere suggestion of giving up her child and held her tired arms out so her child could be given to her. The nurses did so as soon as they were finished with the preliminary checks.

"It does look like a mutation. Lucas?" Clara glanced up at her husband, who was openly crying. She sighed tiredly, "Lucas."

"Right, um," Lucas wiped away his tears, "A mutation just means we'll have to be careful, but we'll love them just the same."

"And have you two decided on a name?" The nurse asked as she was filling out the birth certificate.

"(Y/n)," Clara nodded surely, Lucas nodding along, "Our little mutant."

Three Years Later

"Mommy! Daddy!"

Your parents looked up from their books, jumping up and out of their beach chairs in panic when they realized the precarious situation you were in. You had traveled into the deep end of the pool despite clear instructions not to until you were a stronger swimmer.

Both of your parents ran to the edge of the pool, ready to jump in and save you. However, before they could, the water in the pool shifted and built up on the sides to clear the middle, like the Red Sea parting. You were at the center of it all, nose scrunched up and eyes closed in concentration. Slowly, you opened your eyes and realized what you had done.

"I'm safe!" You yelled, your young mind quickly recovering from your former panic.

"The hair wasn't the only mutation," your mom whispered, her voice so low you almost couldn't hear it.

"Honey," your dad called out cautiously, "Can you walk back to the shallow end and fix the pool?"

"I can try," you slowly walked back to the shallow end. The water fell back into place behind you, outside of the proximity of your control. When you were completely safe, you dropped your hands and the rest of the water splashed back into place.