Chapter Twenty-Seven🕷Old Teams

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Twenty-Seven: Old Teams

🕷

January- 5 Months After the Attack on May and Clara

"We have officially been back at school through the New Year, happy 2018 everyone. And to the Freshman, I hope you all have survived- I mean have had a good first year. We are also happy to report that they have switched the lunch food supplier and no one will get food poisoning this year."

Letting out a nervous breath I put my unneeded textbooks and lunchbox into my locker. I had taken my normal route to school robotically, my mind anywhere except where it needed to be.

It had been a few months since my apartment had been blown up, and it was entirely repaired as of last week. We started the move in process all over again with fresh furniture. Not only that, but I had officially started my internship in Wakanda a few nights ago. On top of both of those things the Green Goblin had been escaping every time he attacked by putting civilians in danger to distract Peter and me.

"Hey, new year, which means I can't call you new girl anymore," MJ smirked, approaching me. I hugged out a laugh, shoving my coat into my locker last and zipping up my sweatshirt. The school had heat, but it wasn't used unless it was cold enough to be put on. Unfortunately, it wasn't one of those days.

"Yeah, that's so unfortunate."

"Ready for a new year?"

"My mind is anywhere but school," I sighed, closing my locker, "Thank you, for the Christmas cookies by the way. I know Peter and I had to rush from the party because of the Green Goblin attack."

"No problem. Your apartment was blown up, so it was the least I could do," MJ shrugged, "And as for the attack, I feel like he's been doing it more lately. Causing as much chaos as possible before he books it."

"And every time his tech is better and harder to beat. Peter and I need to handle this for good soon. But I don't know how to do it without hurting Harry."

"What would hurt me?" Harry came up beside us as we walked to class.

"Oh- Um, me already eating the entire stash of candy you gave me for Christmas. Sorry Harry," I put a hand on Harry's arm before I broke off, spotting Peter and Ned at Peter's locker, "Hey guys."

"Hey losers, new girl, surprised you haven't figured out who you should hang out with yet."

I bit the inside of my cheek to hold back my violent response as Flash sauntered past. Choosing instead, to glare at the back of his head until he turned the corner and was out of sight.