Chapter Twenty🕷Reveals

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Twenty: Reveals

🕷

"I can't believe I have to make up exams

"I can't believe I have to make up exams. I was dealing with the worst pain possible for a week and in return for surviving I get exams makeups? No thank you."

"You're missing Hidden Figures in science," MJ smirked, knowing full-well how much I loved the feminism oriented movie.

"And The Force Awakens during Decathlon practice," Ned added.

I groaned, "Dangit! Of course all we're doing is watching movies until the end of the year. And of course I can't watch them."

"Anyone who missed taking any exam please report to the library for makeup testing."

I sighed, "Guess that's my cue. Hopefully, I'll be able to catch the ends of the movies later this week. I'll see you guys later."

"Yeah, see you soon."

It took me three school days to go through my exams. Three long, grueling days full of content I wouldn't need past high school. Luckily, I finished just in time to catch the last five to ten minutes of each movie I was missing in the classes I had to skip. After that, our classes were free periods for us to talk with our friends about what we would be doing that summer. The next week would be all half days consisting of doing nothing again.

Friday the bell rang. We were sophomores, with one week until we would graduate and be juniors. One more year after that and we'd graduate highschool and move on to college. After college, our real lives began, and school would be a distant memory to smile or cringe at.

"Hey, um, (Y/n)," Peter broke the silence between us as we walked home together, "I was wondering if you wanted to go on a date on Sunday? You don't have to of course! I know we're all hanging out this weekend because of graduation but I thought-"

"Peter it's fine," I laughed, a wide grin on my lips. He did it. He asked me out, "I'd love to go out with you."

Both of us were more than ready for a day off from patrol, what with me not counting my 'sick days'. The graduation party we would have with the group this weekend was a good excuse. 'Party' really meant hanging out, eating junk food, and watching movies.

"Awesome! Great!" Peter beamed, a blush rising on his cheeks, "Um, Sunday at two? I was thinking you could come over to my place. Not for stuff like that! Just because May will be working then and I thought we could play board games and make food and... yeah."

I chuckled at Peter's nervousness. Even after everything we had been through together, all the shared adventures and secrets, he was still Awkward Peter. The cute awkward Peter I fell for.