Chapter Nineteen🕷Cure

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Nineteen: Cure

🕷

"Is this really necessary?" I poked my head through the space between the two front seats

"You're getting help," my dad stated in determination, gripping the steering wheel tighter.

"Oh, I know that. I meant is it necessary to have Peter come with us."

"Hey!"

"Aunt May is out and she told us to watch Peter because apparently he's seven. We're just doing what she said."

"When did you even get May's number?"

"I ran into her at the store and we went out for coffee. We're best friends," Mom smirked.

I crossed my arms and slid down in my seat. My mom turned up the volume on the car bluetooth, 'THE Playlist' playing in the background.

"I'm not that bad," Peter mumbled, sinking down as well.

"Of course you aren't," I jumped to reassure him, "I'm not worried about you, I'm worried what the X-Men could do to you. They're deadly."

"Are they gonna kill me?"

"Only Logan or Wade would do that on purpose but they're cool most of the time," I shrugged.

After listening to nearly half of the songs on THE Playlist we pulled up at the school. I smiled when Peter stared out his window in awe. Mutants laughing and being themselves was a refreshing sight compared to normal high school.

As soon as I stepped out of the car the X-Men ran out of the school and pulled me into a large group hug. All except Logan who waited until everyone stepped back to give me a pat on the shoulder.

While the group was catching up with my parents Ororo noticed Peter waiting quietly by the car.

"So this is Peter," she stated.

"It's- It's nice to meet you," Peter stuttered out.

"Welcome to our school."

"(Y/n), Hank is ready in the lab. Mr. Parker, you are welcome to come along. Perhaps you will learn more about our kind on the way."

My parents stayed behind with the others to continue their catch up. He led Peter and I through the halls to the hidden elevator that led to the basement floor. There, the Professor brought us to the med-bay where Hank was getting his equipment ready.

"Alright (Y/n), so I'll need a sample of your blood and I'll put that through the examiner so we can find out what your cells are doing that is causing your pain. It shouldn't take very long."