Chapter Thirty-Three: Endgame

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Thirty-Three: Endgame

🕷

A/n: I'm sorry

A/n: I'm sorry.

~*~

Everyone was silent for a long time.

No one knew what to do. What could we do? We lost. Thanos had five out of six Infinity Stones. The final stone was Vision's, and even though I had faith in Wakanda and Cap's team, Thanos had decimated all of us, us only receiving a drop of blood as payment.

"Why would you do that?" Tony asked Strange quietly.

Strange stayed silent for a few moments, "We're in the endgame now."

Quill settled down on one of the meteors dropped from the moon. He stared straight at the ground. No words; No sarcasm, no complaint, no encouragement. He was broken. Drax, Nebula, and Mantis stayed close to each other, staying silent as well. Peter was staring off into space, Tony was dealing with his wound, and Strange was looking at the place his stone used to be.

"I'm sorry about Gamora," I sat down next to him, keeping a small distance between us, "I know I didn't know her, but if she was part of your group, then she must have been a good person."

"She was. She was trying to be more than what Thanos made her be. Saving people, making friends, all of that," Quill mumbled, twiddling his thumbs, "Is this my fault?"

"I don't think so," I assured, watching the others form a small circle in the main area, "After every battle, you realize things you could have done better. It's how you learn, you improve from your mistakes. You let your anger overcome your rationality. It's happened to the best of us."

"I just... knowing she's gone... I watched my mom die when I was younger, then I had to kill my dad, then the guy who was like a father died saving me. I thought Gamora was the one person who wouldn't leave me. And she's gone."

"When you're in love, and you don't have them with you, you're just lost," I instinctively looked to Peter, "But I'm sure Gamora fought, she wouldn't go out without a fight."

A small smile appeared on Quill's lips at the thought, "Knowing her she went down swinging." Quill sucked in a deep breath, standing up, "I should probably talk with the team, see what we'll do now. Thanks, kid, you give surprisingly good advice."

Nodding, I walked away as well, finding Peter hovering around Tony as he closed his wound with a device from his suit. He seemed confused. Heroes didn't lose. It wasn't just something from the books, they never lost. There were always casualties and difficulties, but in all the years of the Avengers and X-Men working as a team, they pulled through. Both teams had saved the world countless times. Losing the fight to save the universe wasn't easily recovered from.