Chapter Eleven🕷Broken Promises

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Eleven: Broken Promises

🕷

After a rushed explanation from Peter, we hurried out of the building after the Vulture

After a rushed explanation from Peter, we hurried out of the building after the Vulture. Peter pointed out his hunched form on top of a billboard, biding his time.

Peter wrapped an arm around my waist and shot out a web to bring us to the top of a building near the billboard. Wrapping my arms around his neck to stay secure, Peter shot out another web at the edge of Vulture's wing. Pulling us off the building, we flew behind our target.

Closing my eyes tightly, my grip became a vice around Peter. He didn't make any indication that he was in pain, however. I was fine with heights, for the most part. I trusted Peter more than I trusted a plane though.

"Don't tell me how high we're going," I told Peter, only looking up at the sky. If I looked down, I would truly notice how high up we were.

"Okay," Peter replied, though his voice was strained. I remembered D.C. He was so nervous on top of the monument. Going above the skyscrapers of New York was new to both of us.

Vulture latched onto the bottom of the Stark plane. His wings came together to form a wind shield around him. Peter shifted onto the plane, nearly dropping me with he switched over. I frantically grabbed onto his shoulder and bicep.

"Don't," I ordered, trying to keep the quiver out of my voice, "I do not stick to things like you do."

Peter hummed in remembrance and slid back a little, his body moving over one of the reflection cameras. Peter forced his hands forward, trudging forward against the harsh winds beating against us. When he reached the Vulture's wings he flipped over so he had the momentum to kick them off. I shifted, so I was lying on Peter's stomach, with my back to his chest. I swung my leg out twice and successfully shifted the wings enough so we could wiggle inside.

Jumping in shock and nearly falling when the wings moved, Vulture dropped from the plane and flew at us. Peter shuffled down the side of the plane, his grip staying strong. Vulture swung back around towards us, narrowly missing us as he scraped the side of the plane.

My grip loosened when Peter swung around, webbing the plane and Vulture. My eyes widened when my fingers slipped past the fabric of Peter's red hoodie. I was falling.

"No!" Peter screamed. He let go of the web holding the Vulture, webbing my wrist to catch me.

"Oh my God," I breathed out, trying to steady my racing heart.

Vulture and Peter got sucked into the turbines. Peter and I sprang into action, freezing and webbing the turbine until it stopped moving when we dropped down on top. The turbine fell out of place. Peter webbed the top of the plane and pulled us up. The Vulture scraped the metal near us, trying to knock us towards the working turbine.