Chapter Thirty🕷The Big Threat

I don't own anything except any original character and/or any original plot

🕷

Chapter Thirty: The Big Threat

🕷

"That was the most boring field trip I've ever been on," I groaned, careful to keep my voice low

"Yeah, but you used to go to a mutant school. I'm sure all the field trips you went on were awesome," Ned pointed out, leaning over the back of his seat to talk to me easier.

"Think of how many places she could have visited," MJ stated from the seat across from me and Peter.

"True. Kurt always brought me places for 'study trips'. Kind of hard to compare a museum to Taj Mahal. Security was a paint though, Logan always sets off metal detectors."

"Taj Mahal, that's so cool!"

"Yeah, a symbol of an emperor who had a harem of wives and chose a favorite. Great," MJ cheered sarcastically.

Ned turned to MJ and started an argument about the importance of Taj Mahal and what it really meant. Harry joined in from his seat a few places behind me and Peter.

I glanced over at my sleeping boyfriend. How he could sleep while everyone on the bus was being as loud as possible I didn't know. We had even taken the last few nights off of patrol because of the lack of crime in the area, so he had gotten full nights of sleep. Spider-Man and Riptide were doing their jobs well according to the media. Well, besides J. Jonah Jameson. He had it out for us.

"You've never heard a sound like the rubberband man!"

"Seriously? Again?" I opened my bag and tapped my cuffs a few times until the music playing through them stopped.

"Is Rubberband Man a secret hero message or something?" Ned questioned, turning away from MJ and Harry.

"No. Shuri built these communicators so I could talk to her from space, but I think they're picking up signals when they aren't supposed to. I got one about a planet called Xandar being attacked earlier, and something about an Asgardian vessel. I think it depends on how far they're sending the frequency," I explained, zipping up my bag.

"That's so cool. Does that mean you can talk to Thor?"

"I haven't tried. The message about the Asgardian ship stopped so I assumed-"

Peter's head snapped up as the hairs on his arm rose. I followed his pointed gaze out the window, standing to get a better look.

"What the hell..."

It was a giant circular ship floating in the sky. Dust was raising into the air while it was hovering, motionless. Like it was looking for something. Or someone. The thought sent shivers down my spine. The image of what I was seeing brought up memories of different alien movies I watched, or better yet, the New York invasion. I was upstate, but that didn't mean the entire school wasn't watching on the TVs around.