Situations

Situation #1: Sophie did not know how it happened, but she was currently stomping around the Foxfire campus in her lousy heels looking for the ballroom.

"If it's going to be a very secret ballroom, at least tell us where it is." she grumbled to herself. "And curse these heels...I should just switch them out for my old black flats." So that's what she did.

Now Sophie was in her very comfy but very worn out black flats. So she could easily run around Foxfire and not fall down or trip on her long dress. But Sophie had to be careful because she had already sorta messed up Biana's time consuming and intricate up-do.

Suddenly she ran into Marella. Marella was wearing that same dress she had gotten for herself in Atlantis. Her blond hair was still in its trademark small braids, but they were all gathered up to create a small bee hive hair do. Sophie thought Marella looked like a blond Audrey Hepburn considering the makeup she used.

"Oh, hey, Marella," Sophie greeted. "Uh, do you know where the ballroom is? Or are you lost, like me?"

Marella raised her eyebrows. "Um...I just came out to use the restroom but if you take the stairs going down, make two lefts and four rights, you get a spiral stair case going down and then...well you get the ballroom."

"Oh, okay. Thanks, Marella." Sophie gave a small smile.

They were both about to turn around and part their ways when Marella suddenly let out a tiny squeak. "Wait, Sophie!"

Sophie turned around. "What?"

"I just remembered, since you, Fitz, Biana, Keefe and Dex basically saved the world, they want you guys to lead the first dance with your partners." she explained.

Sophie nodded her head. "Oh, thanks for telling me that. But, Marella, aren't you Dex's partner?"

A small blush appeared on Marella's cheeks as she nodded and Sophie could see her chest puff up noticeably in pride.

So they both headed down to the ballroom.

When Sophie was walking past Magnate Leto's glass office, he caught her eye and waved a small wave. She returned the smile before they both descended the stairs (Sophie and Marella). Her footsteps echoed loudly as they made contact with the metal steps and Sophie could feel everybody's head turn at the sight of her and Marella.

"You're late." Biana hissed.

Keefe flashed his trademark smirk and Dex grinned and mouthed 'hello.'

Fitz stepped forward, offering his hand. Sophie took it, and just as he had done so the day before, he grasped it and pressed a light kiss against it. "M'lady," he greeted softly. Sophie could practically feel the intensity of the glares she was receiving against her dolled up face.

Slowly, she laid a hand on his shoulder. Fitz gently placed his grip on her waist. Soon, the dwarven waltz began.

It was just like how they had practiced in Sir Harding's class. The air whizzed around them gently and they could both feel the rhythmic swaying of the waltz. The feeling was magical and as soon as they had stepped into the dance, Sophie and Fitz had been transported to a magical land.

All too soon, the waltz ended but the smattering applause made up for it. Some of the audience was genuine and leaped to their feet, clapping and shouting, "Bravee!" Others indifferently clapped.

Either way, Sophie was proud of herself. At least she had made it through the first dance without falling over her face.

___________________________________________

A.N: Sorry for such a short chapter. But I'm getting busier and busier. So please tell me what you think of this [incredibly short] chapter in the comments below and I'll try to update A.S.A.P.

By the way, how was your Thanksgiving?

Word Count: 644 words

Quiz: What is the name of the Neverseen's main Psionipath (first and last name)?

~Sakura