Chapter Five

This morning, she decided to skip her run and enjoy a nice breakfast with her family because she needs to put some distance between herself and Miss Swan. Except, all morning there was a twinge in her heart just thinking about a rosy-cheeked Emma, jogging in place and blowing into her hands, hopelessly waiting for Regina. But she can't think about that now, she has to focus on her family.

Her session this morning with Dr. Hopper actually went well. She finally explained everything about Daniel thanks to the memories from her dream that were still so fresh in her mind. She actually found herself needing to discuss them and get those painful memories off her chest once and for all.

Around one o'clock, she grew a little antsy and she thought that maybe it was from the lack of exercise. So, she decided that maybe she should get out of the office, try and be a nice wife and bring Graham some lunch. Besides, Deputy Swan should be out for her lunch, so she won't have to run into the woman who probably has a list a mile long of questions to interrogate her with.

"Graham?" She calls through the small station as she enters the open room but she doesn't get very far.

She stops dead in her tracks from the way a very curious blonde is sitting at her desk, scarfing down a grilled cheese.

The moment their eyes meet, Emma she stops chewing. Her delicate hand is frozen in mid-air, holding onto her greasy sandwich as one thin eyebrow creeps skeptically up her forehead. Regina's mouth falls open, to say what, she hasn't a clue but she is never granted the opportunity.

The heavy stomps from Graham's boots echo through the building as he strolls toward her. Before she can even react, she feels a firm kiss planted to her cheek, snapping her back to reality. The reality that she has definitely been sneaking around with another woman. A sizzling heat rushes through her cheeks, indefinitely burning her flesh ten shades of red.

The blonde tilts her head to the side as she tries to process the exchange before her.

"Hi, Regina," her husband ecstatically greets her and now would be a great time to turn and meet him halfway. He's positively glowing and she knows it's because she has allowed him to come home. "What are you doing here?"

She gulps, painfully, trying to wet her dry throat and maybe produce some words that won't incriminate her. Except, she can't. Nothing comes to mind because she is so damn worried about what a stranger is thinking at the moment. Instead, she raises the bag of takeout, with the word Granny's written across it. And dammit if it doesn't twist her heart the way her husband smiles with so much love in his eyes. He happily snatches up the bag from her shaky hand and offers another kiss, but this time it's to her lips.

She immediately jerks away.

Dammit, she is supposed to be working on them.

She knew she wasn't ready after all they have been through.

"Thank you so much," Graham gushes, "but I actually just got a call and I have to run out. That's why Deputy Swan is stuck in here today during her break," he laughs, turning his attention toward his co-worker, who is scrutinizing their every move intently.

She doesn't chance a glance in that woman's direction, yet she can still feel those bright eyes narrowing and burning a hole right through her soul.

"That's...alright, dear. You...you can eat it when you come back," she stutters which is so unlike her but she's suffering from a hot flash at the moment and it's frying every brain cell in her head.

"Alright, I've got to run. I'll talk to you later," he cheerfully says, leaning in once more to gift a quick peck to her lips before he dashes out the door.