Chapter Thirteen

"Your husband still hasn't caught the man. I might as well just accept that he's long gone by now," Ruby states with a roll of her eyes, clearly agitated.

Regina places her hand on top of hers and offers a sympathetic pout.

"I honestly don't know if they will ever find him if they haven't yet," she agrees.

"I know, you should go, Henry is waiting for you."

She nods, pats Ruby's hand one last time and wanders to the booth where Henry is sipping his hot chocolate. And she absolutely doesn't notice the breathtaking blonde sitting at a table by herself across the way.

Emma's reading the paper, drinking hot chocolate just like her son and eating a plate of onion rings. And Regina knows Emma thinks she's being discreet but she senses those wandering eyes every so often. Every time those big doe eyes land upon her body, the temperature spikes, flushing her cheeks. Memories of their slick, naked bodies rolling around in her sheets cloud her mind and it's so damn hard to ignore the moaning that is constantly playing on repeat in her head.

"Regina," she hears the slight accent and she knows her husband is near.

She reluctantly tears her eyes away from her admirer and faces scruff that no longer makes her heart jump for joy. Graham steals one step forward but she instantly shuffles back, provoking his eyebrows to furrow. She immediately blushes, knowing that it's rather odd for her to reject him. She can feel those green eyes upon her again and she knows Emma is slowly dying on the inside and that's when she realizes that she's more concerned about Emma's feelings than her own husband.

"Are you alright, babe?" Graham gently inquires, his tone full of concern.

"Yes, I just...haven't been feeling well today, don't want to spread the germs," she meekly says, sliding into the booth across from Henry.

Subconsciously, her eyes peek through her lashes to find the Deputy and their gazes lock for just a brief second before Emma turns back to her paper that she's pretending to read.

"Okay," Graham mumbles and scoots in next to their son. "How was school, Henry?" He asks, ruffling his wild dark tresses.

"It was good. I think my cast is completely full!" Her son's eyes light up, her heart swelling with adoration. There is nothing better than seeing her child's excitement through his eyes.

"That's awesome, son," Graham smiles before turning his attention to her. "So, you leave in the morning, correct?"

"Yes, I should be out the door around six. You know I hate these state meetings but they are required," she informs him through a stoic tone that hopefully doesn't give her away. 

"I know. You just haven't been to one in a very long time. I wasn't sure if they were still mandatory."

"They are," she simply states, glancing down at the menu even though there's no point in reading the damn thing. She has had all the items memorized by the time she was a teen and she always sticks to the same few salad options.

The waitress finally comes over to take their order and she's so grateful for the distraction. However, the moment the waitress turns on her heels, Regina notices out of the corner of her eye, a certain blonde standing from her table. Her muscles tense up, her knuckles tugging and pulling against her other hand beneath the table.

"Graham, sorry to bother you and your family but I'm so glad you're here," Emma says through a shaky breath while their whole family stares up at her curiously.

"It's okay, Swan. Is everything alright?" Graham questions while Regina anxiously uncrosses and crosses her legs.

"Not really...I just received a phone call from home. There's a family emergency and I was wondering if I could take the weekend off, so I could drive back to Boston?"