Chapter Fourteen

The memories that haunted her dreams last night left a sour taste in her mouth the next morning. She felt moody, irritable, and overly tired from the lack of sleep and stressful nightmares that tortured her. Her four hour drive to Boston were consumed with thoughts and plans for the future regarding her marriage and her secret affair with Emma.

Promptly, at six in the morning, she had received a text from the Deputy with some random address. An address for an upscale hotel in the heart of the city.

As she enters the lobby, the first thing that catches her attention are the extremely high ceilings and bright lights that seem far too fancy for Miss Swan. Her heels click obnoxiously loud against the black and white marble flooring as she sneaks toward the front desk, hoping to be invisible. And it's hard not to be when men are bustling around in high end tailored suits and the women are sashaying around in their big fur coats and pearls.

Now Regina Mills could easily fit in with this crowd if dressed appropriately but her mind keeps wandering to the woman waiting in a room upstairs for her. Emma is always in jeans, a tank top and clunky boots and it's hard to suppress a chuckle just thinking how Emma must have looked waltzing into a place like this. Come to think of it, how the hell can Emma afford such a place, there's no doubt in her mind that one night there is certainly a full paycheck for the Deputy and they will be staying there two nights.

"Ma'am? You may step forward."

"I believe Miss Swan left a key at the desk for a Regina Mills?" She politely inquires, placing her license down on the counter.

The woman smiles kindly before clicking her nails against the keyboard in front of her. Regina instantly starts to panic.

What does she think of this situation?

A woman leaving a key for another woman?

Does she know they are having an affair?

Does she think one of them is a prostitute?

Brown eyes expand comically wide while a scorching blush heats up her neck. She places her cool hand on the back of her neck and cringes inwardly from all the awful thoughts running through her mind.

"Ma'am?" She snaps to attention to discover the woman holding up a key card. "Room 815, the elevators are around the corner behind me."

"Thank you," she barely croaks out, snatching the plastic card from the receptionist.

"Next."

She slips around the elaborate front desk and follows the instructions to the elevators. She pushes the gold button that is marked up and watches as the mirrored doors slowly open. She steps inside the spacious elevator and presses the number eight, ignoring the way her hand shakes. There are too many emotions rushing through her body to define her state of mind in the moment but she does feel a little queasy.

She fiddles with her nails, her mind forming all different images of her secret lover submitting to her. She glances above the doors to witness a pink light change from four to five. She drops her attention back down to her fingers and wonders if she and Emma will stay in the hotel the entire weekend? She briefly wonders what it would be like to call Emma hers in public without anyone batting an eye in their direction.

The elevator jolts as it comes to a stop on the eighth floor. She steals one deep breath and then the heavy doors slide open and she is greeted with three long hallways that are completely identical. She scans the gold plaques that indicate where the room is located.

As she follows the hall, heat spreads through her body when her mind accepts why she is actually here and what's to come. Her fingertips tingle with excitement as she scans the plastic card and waits for the small red light to turn green.