Chapter Seventeen

"I'm...I'm...oh fuck, Regina!" Emma screams so loud her voice carries through the bedroom and bounces off the walls.

Emma finally releases her hair from her death grip and falls back onto the purple silk sheets that will definitely need to be washed now. Those golden curls spread wildly across her pillow and she smiles knowing her scent will linger. That porcelain flesh is flushed and slick with sweat while she gasps for air and Regina can't help but crawl up her body and kiss her softly before nuzzling into her chest.

It's been two weeks since their weekend away and Regina is finding it harder and harder to be away from Emma. And the worst part is she failed miserably tonight. She has kept her affair away from her family and her house and tonight she caved and invited Emma over for a quickie while Graham had a father-son event with Henry. And she knows it's becoming too risky and she can't keep living like this, she just hasn't scrounged up the courage to tell Graham it's over. It's been over since the day he walked out on her and she was vulnerable and scared and took him back without truly processing her emotions and feelings.

Long fingers find her hand and guide it up to her lips. Emma gently kisses the back of her hand before their fingers playfully dance around each other. She has noticed that Emma seems to do this with their hands every time they lie in bed together. And she thinks she falls in love with her every time Emma does this.

Abruptly, and scaring the living daylights out of Regina, Emma shoots up from her bed and leans toward the door. "I think I heard something," she gasps but Regina is already out of bed and peeking through the closed blinds.

And oh fuck.

"They're home," she mumbles in sheer panic.

"You said they wouldn't be home until eight!" Emma whisper-shouts, recklessly rolling off the bed to gather her clothes.

"They shouldn't be home this early. Hurry get dressed!" She demands, scurrying to slip into her silk black robe.

"Clearly, I'm trying," Emma deadpans, hopping up and down with one leg in her impossibly tight jeans.

Regina rushes to her side, sweeping her red leather jacket right off the floor. She presses her palms firmly into Emma's back and pushes her through the bedroom. That's when the front door opens.

"You have to go out the window."

"What?! Are you insane?" Emma balks, peeking over her shoulder.

"You're athletic, you'll be fine," she coldly retorts, proceeding to shove her toward the window as she starts to shake from the fear tormenting her from within.

"Gina! I'm not going out the window!"

"Oh yes you are, Miss Swan. My husband and son are not going to find out like this!" She hisses.

"I-"

"Think of all your teenage rebellious days. Now go," she orders, unlocking the window and shoving the heavy glass up.

Emma's nostrils flare while her lips are scrunched up in anger. She groans before slipping one leg out the window and onto her roof. Unexpectedly, she stops dead in her tracks and Regina's heart seizes in her chest. She's halfway out the window, green eyes glaring back at her.

"Seriously, Regina, when is this going to end?"

"Soon. Now, please go," she whines through a pout knowing all too well, she can't resist her lips in a frown.