Chapter Eleven

Regina stopped her morning runs, mostly because the weather was growing colder but deep down it was really because it was a constant reminder that Emma was no longer around. She and the deputy have both done their best to avoid one another for the past seven days. One week and not once had she accidentally ran into her.

Lately, she has been feeling rather uncomfortable, like all she wants to do is crawl out of her own skin. She knows it's because she misses her but she also knows this is for the best for everyone involved. For some reason, it doesn't quell the irritation and only seems to make her more miserable.

She is in her office, just about to take her lunch break when Graham calls her.

"Hello?" She answers, placing the call on speaker, so she can put on her jacket and accessories for the bitter cold that awaits outside.

"Hey Regina, can you stop by the station?"

She groans to herself, rolling her eyes and all knowing he can't see her expression right now. She's agitated, sleep deprived, and is quite hangry at the moment.

"I don't really-"

"Please, it'll be quick, I promise."

"Fine, I'll be there in ten minutes," she confirms before ending the call.

"Shit," she mutters to nobody but herself as she stomps out her office and to her car because what kind of emergencies occurred where the mayor needs to come down to the station?

The last thing she wants to do right now is see Emma. Every second that passes only causes her stomach to turn even further and she is positive she is about to be sick. She understands that she can't avoid the woman forever, but one week just isn't enough time to get over the lust burning for her deputy.

Her hands tremble and her legs feel like Jello-O as she sweeps into the station. She struts with her head held high, even though she feels worthless in this moment. She glances around the station and much to her surprise, the Deputy is nowhere to be found. She can't stop the exaggerated sighed of relief when she realizes Emma isn't there right now.

She heads straight for her husband's office to find his door closed and all the blinds drawn, which is very odd for him. She lightly knocks before slowly opening the door.

"Graham?" She calls, peeking her head around the door to discover her husband sitting at his desk, concentrating hard and typing away.

"Regina," he smiles lovingly once his eyes fall upon her.

He stands abruptly from his desk, sauntering his way toward her with a twinkle in his eye. The moment she is in arm's reach, he jerks her by the wrist into his office and shuts the door by slamming her back against it. She opens her mouth to question him but his lips are already hot on hers and shoving his tongue inside. He instantly groans into her mouth but she can't focus because all her mind can think of is how Emma took her against this very door.

"I've wanted you all day," he breathes against her lips, encouraging her stomach to double over in guilt.

His mouth drifts lower to her neck, sucking the flesh sharply between his teeth and has his beard always burned so much? Before she can even catch her breath, he's nipping at the swell of her breasts.