Chapter Six.

P.O.V of Wally.

The sun was just staring to rise and still none of us had even come close to finding Richard. The kid could die for all I cared about him, but if he did it would be my head rolling on the ground because of Bruce Wayne. And I think I preferred having my head firmly attached to my body.
"What are we gonna do now?" Artemis asked as I flopped down on the sofa with the rest of the team, snacking on a bar of chocolate.
"We need to keep searching Gotham." Aqualad said, "If we can't find him here then we look through the neighbouring cities."
"And if we can't find him there?" I asked.
"We will." Aqualad replied, "We'll put up missing posters, advertise it on the news. Whatever it takes."
"What if Wayne sees the news that his son is missing?" Megan asked, "Won't he come back and like, be far too angry for us to deal with?"
"She has a point." Conner cut in before Kaldur could speak, "But wouldn't you rather get your 'boyfriend' back."
"Conner, he's not my boyfriend." Megan bit back, "Am I not allowed to think he's cute?"
"Oh, because that's all you think." He sneered.
"Save the argument for later." Artemis ordered, "What we need to focus on today is our 'work' and the other boys. We'll keep an eye out for Richard once we get back. We can't blow our cover."
"And someone at the school may know something." I finished her sentence and she shot me a look, "What?"
She just shook her head and Kaldur dismissed us to continue with our day as it would be normal. Hopefully the boys wouldn't be too affected.

That hope was dearly misplaced, we arrived at the school gates and Tim and Jason were a mess. Tim much more than Jason, but if you knew him slightly better you could tell. Thankfully Damian had been relatively normal, minus the fact he didn't eat at all and just disappeared from the house with no-one to bear witness to where or when he went, but Jason said he did it all the time. So we went with it. All throughout my first two lessons I was distracted with the case, which the class took advantage of but I didn't care. I needed to find this kid. If I did then maybe I could impress Artemis.

P.O.V of Tim.

The day went far too slow; somehow it was only third period. P.E with Artemis. I got changed slowly and headed into the sports hall with the rest of the class, 10 minutes late.
"Where have you been?" She asked instantly, the rest of the class turning to watch me get my first ever telling off.
"The changing room." I replied, my voice dead.
"Well then, I guess you can sit out for 10 minutes as punishment." She said.
"What! That's not fair." One of the boys moaned from the front of the class, "Punishment should be five laps at a running pace, no stopping."
"I'm the teacher and I shall decide the punishment." Artemis turned to face him.
"In your dreams." He scoffed and the class all agreed with him, and started chanting "Five laps. Five laps. Five laps."
Artemis tried to reign them back in but I was at my snapping point. Before I even registered what I was doing the leader somehow had a broken nose. He screamed out in pain and the rest of the class shut up.
"Timothy." Artemis burst out, sounding angry but I didn't care.
In fact, I cared so little that I just walked out of the hall. I had just made it around the corner when I broke down into tears. Dick would have given me a stern telling off for pulling a stunt like that, he would have taken away my gadgets for a day for it. Much more of a teaching method than Bruce gave of 'Just don't do it again.' and walking off. I heard footsteps but didn't get up from the floor or turn around.
"Tim." I turned around when I heard Kaldur's voice, "What is the matter my friend?"
"What's the matter?" I screamed, "My brother is being tortured to become an assassin for the Court of Owls and you ask me what's the matter!"
"Tim, please, calm down." He tried.
"Calm down." I chuckled, "You wouldn't be telling me to calm down if you really knew him. If you knew what he did for you and for us."
"Tim." He crouched down next to me, "I cannot help you if you are not willing to help yourself. Now please, head back to your lesson and try to get through the rest of the day. We will not stop searching for him."
I knew he was lying to my face, but it helped me to feel better. I nodded, stood up and dried my eyes. I only had to get through the rest of the school day and then I could help them. Just another three hours to go.