Chapter Ten

P.O.V of Kaldur.

"And what can we tell about Sherlock's character from this?" I asked the class and immediately a couple of hands shot up, "Yes, Karen."
"He is very shut off and unemotional, we can see this when Watson calls him a 'calculating machine'." She said, "This could show the split between science and religion with him and Watson on opposing sides."
"Well done." I said, I didn't know much about the book but after reading it through and doing some land history I knew that was a strong answer, "If you write that in your essay along with effects and analysis of a key word you'll be looking at a six or seven."
She practically beamed at this and I went to go ask Ben but Amanda suddenly shot up out of her seat shouting, "Attack."
I quickly looked over to the internal window and saw a large count of the court of Owls flooding into the classroom, at least twenty.
"Everyone, under the tables and out the way." I ordered, preparing my water bearers and watching as they made their way to the back corner.
The door burst open and I went straight into combat, hitting them every now and then but not making any damage. They had surrounded me by this point and I just knew I was going down. Just then I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head and I fell to the floor, seeing stars. Then I felt a pinch at the back of my neck and the world became black.

P.O.V of Artemis.

I watched the class as they went through the strength circuit, some trying, some not. But I wasn't going to make them do anything. I moved my eyes to my bow and quiver, stashed in the corner just out of sight of the students. I never left anywhere without it anymore. It was much safer to have too much protection than not enough.
"Change stations." I shouted as the two minute alarm went off and they all trudged to the next station, arms to legs, legs to abdominals, abdominals to arms. Then they split off to the separate stations within the station.
I reset the timer as they continued to exercise. I really regretted saying I wanted to teach P.E for the team, it was so boring. I was just thinking sport, yay. In reality it was watch sport, not so yay. It was as I was thinking about joining in that the doors to the gym came flying off their hinges and a pack of Owls came in.
"Everyone behind me." I yelled, instantly reaching for my bow and quiver, loading and shooting.
The Owls had a good formation, meaning I could only hit the ones at the front, about five of the twenty. I reached back for another arrow but found my quiver empty, not too much of a problem. I ripped it off my back and extended my bow, making sure the knives at the ends were unsheathed. It was then that the Owls swarmed in, leaving the injured at the back to tend to their wounds. The remaining fifteen encircled me and I noticed through the broken off doors that Kaldur was lying on the ground, completely out of it. That was enough distraction to allow the Owls to inject something into the back of my neck and I fell into oblivion.

P.O.V of Conner.

The sound of pens scratching on paper was soothing, of course there were some whispered conversations here and there, but if I didn't listen hard I couldn't hear them, so I just tuned them out. In fact, I just tuned out my super hearing altogether. It was a new trait I'd learnt, to be able to 'turn off' my powers when I wanted to so that when I needed them they were stronger. That was probably why I didn't hear the Owls outside the classroom until they came flooding through the door. Fifteen of them in total.
I hit the alarm that sent the school into lockdown as the class cowered into the corner. The Owl's didn't bother with formalites, instead they went straight into attack, thier movements so swift and controlled unlike mine that just hit anything and everything. I managed to take out one Owl but they kept closing their ranks tighter and tighter until I had no room to move. I felt something pinch the back of my neck and I fell to the ground, my last sight a fleeting glimpse of Artemis and Kaldur unconciouss on the floor.

P.O.V of Wally.

The school announed a lockdown and the class went silent, the practical forgotten.
"Alright everyone, we need to stay inside the classroom and make sure that everything is turned off." I said, and they turned off all the gas taps and closed the blinds to the inside curtian and dimed the lights.
I put on a pair of saftey goggles, if I ended up using my superspeed I didn't want my eyes to be streaming water everywhere.
"Sir,"Mark said and I turned to face him, "What do we do if the attackers come to here?"
"I'll protect you, don't worry." I soothed them.
"But what if you can't?" Mark asked.
"Then throw chairs at them," I smirked, "That'll deter them."
We waited a couple more seconds in silence when the door opened and 12 Owls came into the room. I instantly went into my flash speed and began to punch and kick at rates to fast for them to keep up with. Well, that's what I thought. I had only taken out two when I was tripped and went flying across the room into a table. The students all gave a collective intake of breath as the Owls came over.
"Please, don't hurt the kids." I begged as they twisted me to face them.
"We don't care about the kids." One of the Owls growled as they injected me with something, "Robin only cares about you."