Chapter Twenty-six.

P.O.V of Dick.

My life was resting on Tim. Why Tim? Because he would be the only one to investigate whilst in denial. Or at least, I hoped he still would. The water had risen at least half of its way and the sun was only just staring to rise, meaning I would be dead by sunset. But now that I knew death was imminent, I didn't want to die. Not like before when I had that gun against my head.  The chains around my ankles and wrists were really sore, and the bloody flakes of skin were floating around in the pool. I hadn't eaten anything since he had kidnapped me, two days ago? I didn't know how long I had been missing. And though the water around me was drinkable, I wasn't desperate enough to drink what had become my toilet. Not yet anyway. And the water wasn't the warmest either, in fact I couldn't even feel the lower half of my body anymore. I flinched as the light of the sun hit my eyes, the last sunrise I might ever see. I just hoped that my family would forgive me.

P.O.V of Wally.

I looked into the rising sun with tear filled eyes as Artemis kept me close to her chest.
"The last thing he did was run from me. The last days he thought I hated him." I whimpered, a tear slipping free.
"He wouldn't have thought that Wally." Artemis soothed, "He would always be your best friend, thick and thin."
"But I didn't have his." I felt another couple of tears slip through, turning away from the sun and placing my head against my girlfriends chest.
I felt a vibration in my pocket and pulled away to look down at my phone.
"It's Tim." I said before answering.
"Wally, I need you to meet where we found Zuch." He quickly said.
"I'm not in that business anymore Tim. I'm taking an unknown leave for mourning." I sighed, thinking of all the times Rob and I had shared.
I felt Artemis rest her hand on top of mine and looked over to her slightly teared up face.
"No, Wally, he's not dead." Tim burst through and my heart skipped a beat, "This dead guy is actually Andrew Herr, some guy who went missing about a year ago."
I dropped the phone in my relief and excitement. Quickly I picked it back up, told him I'll be there in five and hung up.
"What is it?" Arty asked, looking up at me from the floor.
"It's Rob." I was vibrating I was so excited, "He's still alive."
"What?" She was standing now, trying to hold me still as I spoke so fast that only her and Rob would ever stand a hope of discerning what I was saying.
"We need to meet Tim at the place Jason found Zuch." I said, "Come on."
And I threw her over my back and sped down to the meeting place.

Once there I dropped Arty next to Tim, Jason, Damian, Batman and the team.
"Have you already been in?" I asked.
"Yes, we need you to scout ahead to these locations and tell us where to go. He should have a set up in one of these places." Batman said as he handed me a list of places.
A very long list.
"Your Uncle is taking the other list and investigating. So far he has nothing. If you need us, contact the comms." Batman said.
I nodded then left to head to the first location. Please say we found him. And he was still breathing.

P.O.V of Barbra.

The case was closed, because of Batman and not me. I did practically nothing. And though it was good the case was closed, I was still ticked off that I didn't even do anything. Not a thing. I collapsed on my bed just as the phone rang.
"Barbra Gordon, who's calling?" I picked up, the caller showing as unidentified.
"Hi Barbra, I need your help with a private matter."
"Bruce?" I asked in surprise, I haven't spoken to him since I was at school with Dick.
"Are you busy on another case?" Was his reply.
"No, what do you need?" I asked, putting my jacket back on.
"Meet me in your civvies. I'm oit thw front of your house." He said and hung up.
I peeked out the windiw and sure enough, standing on the sidewalk was Bruce. Well, that isn't creepy. I pulled on a plan top and joggers, slipping on my trainers and a black jacket I went out and met him, "What did you need?"
"It's about Dick." He started, and the way he said it had me going to the worst.
I know he's missing, he has been for a couple days now. I tried everything to get on that case, but I just couldn't convince them. He's my best friend, sometimes I think he's more than that.
"I just wanted you to know that you should expect the worst." He said, "But I have a lead and if we find him, I want you to be there."
I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. I don't know what was more scary, the fact that Bruce was so accepting of his son's death or that he was doing the hard work to find him. But he wanted me there, and I wasn't going to let Dick down.
"Where?" I asked.
"I have scouts checking it out now, but if you head down to where Zuch was called in, there's some people waiting there for you." He said and I rolled my eyes, because my bets were on Batman.
"Fine. I'll call you if we find something to help." I said and began to walk down to there.

I turned the final corner to where I was told everyone was waiting for me and saw some people I recognised, some I didn't
Jason Todd was fighting with Miss Martian. Timothy Drake was calmly conversing with Aqualad. Superboy was chatting with some random blonde kid, half an eye on Miss Martian and Batman was arguing with Damian. It was an odd scene that stopped as soon as I arrived.
"Barbra Gordon I presume." Batman came over.
"Yeah, presume." Damian rolled his eyes and Batman sent him a glare, to which he just raised his eyebrows. Batman sighed and turned back to me.
"That's me." I shook his hand as a sharp wind came past me and a person dressed in civics approached Batman. "There was no sign of him at any- Is that Barbra Gordon?" He asked.
"Yes, and you'd do best to remember that she is a member of the force." Batman scowled, "No sign?"
"None." The ginger replied, "I've been to them all all day. Even the sun's giving up."
"Neither you nor Barry had anything." He sighed, "Boys, get back in there and see if you can find anything else that will give us a lead. Thank you Wally, that was very helpful to us."
But his tone of voice was defeated, he was just making him feel good about what he did. Whatever that was.
"You know the case of Deathstroke?" Batman turned back to me as the ginger went over to the blonde girl.
"Of course. Everyone does." I replied.
"Can you help us with any locations he might head to. We've exhausted all our options. Anywhere you and Dick used to hide out may be useful." He said.
Instantly an idea went off in my head, somewhere Dick and I had always snuck off to when we had a spare moment. And if what I think was happening is happening, I had half an hour to get to him at most.
"Nothing. Sorry." I lied, this time I would get credit for the case.
"Thank you anyway." He said, "Unless you want to stay head off." And he turned back to the small gathering of people with him.
I turned away from then and began to head to the old pool house, where Dick must be being held.