Last Race

"What? That happened?" Kent said, surprised. I told him what happened between me and Rin on our race.

Until now, me and Kent would hang on the open field. Where even Rin used to do with us. I let out a frustrated sighed, burrying my arms rested on my knees.

"Yeah, that happened. And he just left me there" I mumbled as half of my face looks at him.

"Jeez, I never knew he can be such a jerk. I want to punch him. Really" Kent said as he looks around, hoping to see the redhead around.

I patted his shoulders "You shouldn't, and I know you can't do that"

He was tensed at first, not admitting what I said but sighed at the end. Nodding his head and leaned back.

"He's probably messed up..."

"Annoyingly he is"

"Rin baka..." I added in Japanese.

You know the feeling you want to hug that person but also want to punch his face?

That's how me and Kent felt.

We never expected for Rin to drastically change like that and we missed him already. I missed him so much.

"Anyways, you have an upcoming race next week? Good luck"

I nodded as he said that "Yeah, thanks.."

"You'll go to Japan next year right?"

"Who told you that?" I raised my brow.

He shrugged and looked at me, showing me a weak smile.

"I kinda overheard what you and your coach were discussing while I was waiting for you the other day. Sorry."

"No worries... I was going to tell you anyways" I paused for a bit "And Rin too.."

He gave me this worried smile look, probably feeling my sadness as I said his name. Today is already September and we're almost ending our last middle school year after a few months, by then I'll be studying in Japan.

"I'll tell him after the race" I added

Kent nodded and looked somewhere far while I looked down at my feet.

"I'll be staying away far from you Rin..." I mumbled.

Far from you.

As time quickly goes by, it's already the day of my race. Well, also Rins. I was with the team on the waiting place somewhere on the pool.

"Everyone good luck, especially our graduating ones here" our coach said as he sets his eyes on me and Rin then to our upper graduating team mates.

"Do your best"

We all screamed "Yes!" Then did our team shout. I looked around, finding Rin already walking away from us. He was quiet the loner too, although other team mates tend to accompany him.

I turned my back at him and clenched my fists, also letting out a sighed. I heard a scream from above and it was Kent.

"Gambatte!" He shouted in weird Japanese accent. No wonder he asked me to teach Japanese.

I laughed slightly at his silly idea then waved a hand at him.

Then a voice boomed in the pool, announcing the race.

I was waiting for my name and lane to be called then I saw a familiar red head on the sides, crossing his arms as if waiting for something to happen.