Change

"GO RIN!!!" Me and Kent shouted as we cheer for our dear friend.

Today is Rins race and it's not really going well for Rin. He barely caught up with his competitors as he swims 50 meters butterfly.

When he finally reached the finish line, we can clearly see he's so exhausted as he takes a breather. Me and Kent immediately went down to the pool to see Rin.

"Hey, that was great!" Kent cheered only earning a grunt from the redhead.

"It's fine Rin! There will be a next one in a few months--" I stopped when he swayed my hand as I tried to pat his shoulders.

I continued on "Don't worry! We can train more-"

"Stay away" was all Rin said as he walks past us, heading to the changing room.

I looked back at him with a worried look.

"Rin..."

"Let's just wait for him.." Kent said and I followed him to the exit.

Me and Kent waited for Rin as we lean on the wall on the entrance of the pool. Both of us looking down at our feet.

"Rin.. Rin is probably so bummed right now" Kent said as he looks at me.

I nodded in agreement.

Rin has been training hard to make sure his has a place in his first race. He dedicated his time to practice and even makes sure his health is always in check. He was confident he'll win this.

But he didn't.

We started to hear footsteps approaching our direction, to see Rin hanging his head low. We went to him and continue cheering on our friend.

"Dude, that's okay!" Kent started.

"No it's not"

"You can definitely win the next one!" He continued.

Rin just grunted.

Kent looked at me and I sighed before facing Rin.

"Rin, it's fine! There is more time to improve--"

"SHUT UP KEITO!" Rin screamed, looking at us with pain and annoyance on his face.

I stepped back, surprised with his sudden change of attitude.

"You know the feeling when your all your effort is wasted? All that time and dedication?! And at then end, you would be called one of the weakest bunch?! It really hurts when our coach said that!!"

I went to him and hold his shoulders, shaking him slightly "DON'T BE SUCH A BABY, RIN" I shouted, looking at his eyes.

He spoke back "If I were weak here in Australia that how would I be if I come back to Japan? I would never beat him."

"It's just one loss, ONE LOSS. That doesn't mean you're weak already! So what if you were called the slowest? Then that means you still have room to train, to improve!! I thought you would understand that!!"

For a few minutes we went silent like that.

"Then stay away from me"

What?

Is this even Rin Matsouka?

Where's the Rin I helped with and willing to do so until he reached his dreams?

Where's the Rin I supported?

Where the Rin I fell in love for?

At first I thought I was talking to the wrong person but this is him, the red head, shark-tooth guy name Rin Matsouka.

"What?" was all I can say after hearing his statement.

"Don't bother me starting now" He added

Before I was able to think what to say, he already walked away, leaving me and Kent.

Tears start to roll on my cheeks, even though I try to hold them back. I bit my lips and look down at the ground.

It was too painful.

I never expect he would drastically change all of the sudden. Neither leaving us like that.

He pushed us away.

He pushed me away.

Rin pushed my feelings away.

Ever since that day, Rin was never the same person as he used to be.