8

"I can't believe you snuck into my room when I specifically said not to," Eddie grumbles, pacing his room.

Wren is laid back on his bed, enduring his never-ending lecture.

She sighs, "c'mon, Eds. It's fine! Your mom never has to know."

"I don't think you understand that you basically broke a law! This is breaking and entering— I-I could call the police!" He rants, staring at her with disbelief. As mad as he wants to be right now, his heart just couldn't seem to be angry.

"Is this a bad time to ask if I can stay the night?"

Eddie nearly trips over his own feet at the mere thought of sharing a bed with a girl. Let alone her. There's no telling what she could pull, she's the touchiest person on earth!

He immediately begins to wave his hands, "no no no no no! This is not happening. No—"

Wren isn't even listening anymore. She's making herself comfortable under his blankets. Eddie walks towards her and begins to pull his blankets off stubbornly.

"Hey!" Wren defensively huffs.

Eddie rolls his eyes, "you can't stay here! You shouldn't even be here."

"Pleaseeeeee," Wren begs. Eddie avoids looking into the girl's eyes, afraid that he might give in. However, it's like she's making it her job to get him to look her in the eyes.

Before he even knows what's happening, her hands are cupping his cheeks and forcing him to look at her.

He sighs.

"Please?"

"Fine."

Wren breaks into a large smile before tackling the boy in a hug. Eddie stumbles back and blushes deeply.

Why is he having heart palpitations? Is he gonna die?

"Thank youuuu," she sings into his ear. He shivers in response, trying his hardest to play it cool. Wren is beyond shocked when his arms wrap around her, returning her hug.

"You have to leave early though, so my mom doesn't find you."

"Of course."

With that, the girl pulls away and plops into the boy's bed. He follows soon after, nervously laying beside her. Then, he mutters the one question he can't seem to get off his mind.

"I-If you like Bill, why're you here? Why not sneak into his room?"

Wren contemplates the question, before turning on her side to properly face Eddie. He blushes as he notices how close her face is. The dark covers up his red cheeks, thankfully.

"I like spending time with you, I guess," she admits with a yawn, "plus, I know Bill doesn't really like me."

"What do you mean?" Eddie nervously asks, suddenly remembering the current dilemma. They're suppose to be in this for her car. That's it.

Had she figured it out?

"I mean," she shifts to lay on her back, "I know he doesn't have any real feelings for me. Its like I'm on the side— not all that important."

Eddie feels a since of relief that she doesn't know. Yet, still feels guilty that what she said is true.

"Well, today was only your first date. All first dates feel like that— I think. Just give him a chance," Eddie insists, "you should come to the Quarry with us tomorrow."

Wren smiles.

Finally, she got invited!

"Sounds radical," She chuckles, "I'll totally go."