9

The next morning, Wren woke up extra early. She planned to keep her promise to leave early. Eddie wasn't even awake to say goodbye, so she was sure to leave a note. Before she left, however, she placed a soft kiss on the boy's cheek— too delicate to wake him.

She's convinced she did it out of platonic love, and not whatever else she might feel towards the Kaspbrak boy.

When she got home, she slept some more. Her alarm was set to go off a few minutes before she was to meet the boy's at the quarry. Nona didn't even question the girl's whereabouts— having a good idea of where she might've been.

The alarm went off early, and now here she is, cruising the streets of Derry.

Africa by Toto blasts through the radio. Since she has so much time to spare, she decides to drive to the gas station and fuel up. Maybe she could sneak some cigarettes from the cashier again.

As her car pulls up to the gas pump, her eyes are met with the dreadful sight of Nicole leaned up against her boyfriend Bobby's car.

"Shit," she grumbles as she steps out of the car, "and I thought today might actually be a good day."

Wren does her best to gas up without being noticed, but her cars vibrant color is hard to miss. She's the only person in town who can afford such a luxurious vehicle, with a clean cut paint job. Well, there is one other person.

Bobby Tarantino.

As soon as Nicole notices her vehicle, she hops of the hood of Bobby's car and speeds to Wren.

"Bee, is that you?!" She excitedly chimes.

Wren flinches, and slowly turns around with a fake smile.

"Haha...yeah, it's me. How are—"

Before she can even finish her sentence, Nicole is tackling her into a hug. One of those rich girl hugs— where they're overly excited to see you, even though they just saw you the other day.

"I've missed you," Nicole exclaims. Wren returns her hug, not wanting to be rude.

"Yeah, I totally missed you too— even though we saw each other like two days ago," she laughs.

Bobby approaches the two, keeping his laid back persona on. Once upon a time, Wren had a crush on him. They're history, to say the least. He moved on to Nicole, and she moved on to Bill.

"Hey, Bee," Bobby cooly greets, "your cars looking radical."

Wren smiles, "thanks, Bob. I could say the same about your's."

Nicole looks skeptically between the two before wrapping a protective arm around Bobby. Nowadays, it's a commonly known fact that Wren Hutsbee is a boyfriend-stealer. Not because she's ever intentionally stolen a girl's man, but because the guys in Derry seem to develop fast attraction to Wren Hutsbee. They leave their girlfriends to try and win over Bee, but it never really works out.

And somehow, it's her fault.

"Can I buy you a pack of cigs?" Bobby offers, ignoring Nicole's clear jealousy.

"She can buy her own cancer sticks!" Nicole huffs, "why don't you buy me some instead?!"

Wren raises an eyebrow, "You don't smoke, Nikki?"

Nicole freezes up, "y-yeah? Well, I do now! You're not the only cool chick in this town, Bee. I'm popular, too, ya know?!"

Wren laughs a little at how ridiculous Nicole sounds. This is an everyday thing though.