30

That summer changed everything for the loser's club & Wren Hutsbee.

After the clown was defeated, and Georgie's body was found, they all left the sewers exhausted and a little wiser. They'd never be able to tell anyone what happened that day, and they'd probably never speak of it again, but it would forever change their lives.

Despite not having encountered the clown as much as the others, Wren felt apart of the whole thing.

So when the losers made a circle, holding their bloodied hands, and promising to come back if they had to— she joined. She promised Bill that much, and officially forgave him for what he did to her— although some anger still lingered.

When it was all over, she gave Stan a tight hug before linking hands with Eddie, and walking home.

Eddie feels like a whole new person. He feels more open to new experience, and Wren can tell he'll definitely be more of a rebel. Now that he realizes that most of everything his mom ever told him is a lie, he doesn't feel so afraid of everything. Now, despite it being past his curfew, he's walking towards the pharmacy with Wren.

"Why exactly are we going to the pharmacy? Mr. Keane is going to be there..." Eddie softly questions.

"Because there's something I have to do," she explains, continuing to pull him towards the building.

Upon entrance, the bell chimes, signaling their presence.

At the counter, Wren sees Greta casually flipping through a magazine. She doesn't even glance their way, and definitely doesn't expect what's coming next.

Wren turns to Eddie before she does anything, glancing down at his cast.

"She's the one who wrote that, right?"

Eddie nods confusedly.

"Bee, what are you thinking?" He whispers, looking at her disapprovingly.

Wren simply leans in and kisses him softly, distracting him a little. He blushes wildly, and kisses back with a sense of confidence. The kisses finishes all too soon, leaving him to wish for more.

Before he can say anything else, Wren is walking towards the front counter.

Greta looks up annoyedly, but smiles when she sees Wren. For years, she'd been trying to win the girl's acceptance.

"Hey, Wren—"

"Don't ever fucking make fun of my boyfriend again, you bitch!" She grumbles, raising her fist and punching the girl square in the face.

Greta fulls back with a shout of agony, holding her busted lip.

"W-What are you talking about?!" Greta shouts, tears of embarrassment welling in her eyes.

"Eddie Kaspbrak, remember him? You wrote on his cast?" She clicks her tongue, "well he's my boyfriend. And leave Beverly Marsh alone, too. I'll kick your ass, and tell everyone at school that you're trash. You don't want that, do you?"

Greta shakes her head frantically, looking at the girl with desperation.

Eddie watches by the door, mouth open in silent amazement. No one had ever stood up for him like that, and he doesn't even know what to say. All he can do is hold her hand when she walks towards him, and follow her silently out of the store.

Once they're far from the pharmacy, and coming up on his house, he finally speaks up.

"W-Wow," He mutters. "I can't believe you've punched so many people in one summer."

"All for you, baby," she laughs, throwing him a teasing wink.

Even though it was said in a joking manner, the two of them knew that deep down, those words were anything but a joke. Wren would punch a million people for Eddie Kaspbrak, and Eddie would wrap her knuckles every time after that. It went unsaid.

As the two approach Eddie's house, Wren stops to take a second to admire the scene they find themselves in.

Eddie is covered in dirt, blood, and throw up. She is covered in ash, blood, and dirt. Yet somehow, she feels like they've never been better.

"I, uh— I-I guess this means I better go," Eddie mumbles softly. "I gotta wash off this disgusting shit."

Wren nods, "Yeah, I should get going, too. My car is still parked down the road, although I'm not exactly excited to get the inside of my car dirty from how much of a mess my clothes are."

"Y-You could borrow my shower, if you wanted. Not that you have to, but you could," the boy nervously offers.

Wren laughs lightly, "no thanks. I feel like I've been wearing your clothes all summer, and it's be nice to go home and wear my own clothes for a change."

"Eddie?" A woman's voice calls.

The two turn towards his house, and sure enough, sat on the porch with tears rolling down her cheek, is Eddie's mom.

Eddie doesn't really react, simply ignoring the woman, and turning back to Wren.

"Yeah, okay. So I'll see you tomorrow?" He questions softly.

"Of course," she agrees. "See you tomorrow."

She turns on her heel, not leaning over to provide him a "goodbye" kiss, and begins to walk down the street towards her car. As she gets closer to the vehicle, the two of them begin to feel more and more unsatisfied from not being able to share a kiss.

Wren simply didn't want to kiss him in front of his mom— afraid to get him in trouble.

Eddie didn't kiss her for the same reason, but soon after begins to regret that decision.

"Wait!" Eddie calls out finally.

Wren stops on the middle of the street, and turns to him.

"Yeah?"

Eddie rushes towards her, ignoring his mom's burning stare, and places his hands on his girlfriend's shoulders.

"You didn't kiss me," he states.

Wren blushes a little, "I didn't want to get you in trouble.."

"I don't care if I get in trouble," he mutters before leaning in and placing a loving kiss on the girl's lips.

Wren doesn't take long to respond, quickly wrapping her arms around his neck.

Eddie knows that he isn't kissing wren out of spite. He knows that this kiss to him is about the clown— it's about how she kept her promise to be okay. It's about how she's still here with him, and he can kiss her all he wants.

When he pulls away, and looks into Wren's eyes, he knows she knows that too.

"I love you," Wren can't help but whisper.

"I love you, too."