15

Henry fled as soon as he could, not wanting to get into trouble.

Meanwhile, Wren is still drunkly leaned against the car. Her face is drenched in tears, and she's trying to figure out what they're even doing here. How did they know where to find her?

"W-What're you guys doing here?" She slurs.

Bill frowns, "w-we came to a-apologize. I-I never should've d-done what I did."

"–Mike, Bev, and I had nothing to do with it. We had no idea they were using you," Ben chimes, feeling the need to get that into the open.

Wren desperately tries to control her ugly crying, but tear after tear keeps sliding down her cheek. At this point, she doesn't even care what they did to her. She's just happy she isn't just another rape victim. However, she knows that if she doesn't set them straight now, she'll regret it later.

She stumbles towards them a little, "what happened was ugly and painful. It was wrong. It was without reason! It didn't make sense, and I didn't deserve. It wasn't fair."

Stan can see her clear intoxication, just as everyone else. Yet, he knows everything she's saying is from the heart.

Wren is sobering up pretty damn fast.

"W-We're really sorry," Eddie insists. He looks like he'll burst into tears any second, "please forgive us."

Wren turns her head towards him, and it seems as if the whole world stops.

"You," she mumbles, "I can't believe you would do this to me, Kaspbrak. I trusted you! I-I.......for whatever reason, I developed feelings for you. I thought you were different. I thought you were decent. How am I suppose to move on from that? I don't even know who you are anymore."

Eddie's eyes quickly well with tears, and he finds himself trying to walk towards, but she stumbles away.

"I kept thinking I was in love with, Bill, when really, it was you. Or maybe it was all just a mistake."

Richie holds out his hand, pulling the boy back from anymore rejection.

"You can still trust me!" He swears, "I'm still the same Eddie Kaspbrak you met six weeks ago! I-I am decent. W-Wren, I..."

"It's Bee," she scoffs. "And don't talk to me. The only people not in the wrong here are Bev, Ben, and Mike."

Before they can say anything more, Nicole pushes through them to Wren. She looks relieved to see that she's okay— completely unaware of the whole Henry Bowers incident. She doesn't even pay the losers any mind as she forces Wren into the passenger seat of her car.

"C'mon, Bee," Nicole hums. "I'm taking you home since you're too wasted to drive."

The losers can only stand there awkwardly, and watch as Nicole Tussle starts up their best friend's vehicle. They can't do anything, and they still don't feel like they did the right thing. Their apology just didn't feel good enough.

All Eddie can do as he watches the car drive away is sob.

"Well," Stan frowns, "I guess that's that."

Bev shakes her head, "no. No way! We are not just gonna stand around and lose her. You like her, don't you, Eddie?!"

Eddie frantically nods his head, "y-yes! I really do."

"Fight for her!" Bev encourages.

"Okay...but...but how?" He stammers, wiping away some of his tears.

Meanwhile, the entire time Bev had been giving her little speech, Richie was brainstorming. As soon as an idea popped into his head, he turned to them with a bright grin.

"I've got an idea!" Richie chimes.

Stan rolls his eyes, "no, Richie. We don't have time for your—"

"Just trust me, would ya?!" He blurts.

Mike chuckles, "okay, what's your idea?"

"Okay— well, while you bozos were giving Eddie spaghetti an emotional pep talk, I was thinking about how he could get her back. Then, maybe clear all our names in the process," he explains.

"G-Go on," Bill assures.

"We Get Ben to write one of his poems based on how Eddie feels— I saw your poetry journal when we went to your house, so don't fucking deny it— and then, Eddie gives it to her."

Ben blushes a deep shade of red, but never even makes a peep.

"Wow," Stan raises his brows, "that's actually a decent plan."

Eddie smiles lightly, "Okay. I think I could do it, but when do I give it to her? She'll avoid me at all costs if she sees me coming..."

"Tonight," Mike decides. "You should sneak into her room. She'd never assume you'd do it!"

Eddie nervously fiddles with his hands, "sneak into her room? Jeez, I don't know, remember that I....that I got asthma and...and I don't know if I can—"

"Do you like her?" Ben interrupts.

Eddie stops his stammering, and curtly nods his head.

"Then, for the love of Christ, do it! We've got all night, Eddie. Our folks think we're at Stan's— and Stan's Dad is covering for us," Bev reassures.

"O-Okay," Eddie agrees.

"Now let's write that poem. Bill, do you think you could find a piece of paper, or something? And a pen?" Ben questions.

"Yeah," Bill nods, looking at his surrounds.

"Here," Eddie unzips his fanny pack, "I have a pen."

Ben takes it, holding in a laugh. Mike doesn't hold back his grin as he thinks how Eddie's fanny pack finally gave some real use.

"All I can f-find is a leaf, is that a-alright?" Bill mutters.

Ben hums, "I think it'll break if I write on it. We need something a little more sturdy."

"I have a receipt?" Stan offers, pulling the paper from his pocket. Ben takes it, and quickly begins to find a hard surface to write on. Richie bends over a little and lets his back be that surface.

"Okay, tell me what you think about her," Ben looks to Eddie.

"W-What...?"

"Tell me what you feel."