10

Wren and Bill walk in silence.

"A-Are y-you okay?" Bill finally asks, noticing the girl's distance. She only shrugs in response, causing Bill to become nervous.

"C'mon, B-Bee. P-Please talk to m-me," He pleads, grabbing the girl by her hand. She stops walking once they're stood by her car, and turns to face him. Yet, her eyes refuse to meet his. He does everything he can to get her to look at him, but she keeps dodging like he's the plague.

Finally, he lets out a long sigh and places his hands on her cheeks, forcing her to look at him.

"There's nothing to say, Bill," she mutters, desperately trying to escape his grip.

"T-Then, kiss m-me," he smiles deviously.

"What?"

"Kiss me."

She blushes a deep red, and stares at him with disbelief. She can't deny that she still has attraction for the stutter-y boy— and when someone looks at you with such a playful smirk, it's hard not to be tempted.

"I-I can't," she insists.

"F-Fine," Bill hums, "then I'm just gonna have to kiss you."

Before she can argue, the boy's lips are smashed against her own. And the only thing she can seem to do is kiss back. Because when those soft, sweet lips touch hers, she's reeled back into those toxic feelings. She's trapped again, in a never ending circle of Denbrough.

Next thing she knows, she's being backed against the hood of her car. A simple kiss turns into a needy make out session.

Maybe it would've kept going. Maybe things would've gone further if it wasn't for Wren getting a flash memory of Eddie's dazzling eyes. She pulls away from Bill the second she thinks of Eddie, and she doesn't even know why the Kaspbrak boy is lurking the depths of her mind.

Bill assumes she pulls away for a breath, and she plays it out as if that's the real reason.

"W-Will we see y-you later?" Bill questions with a smile, watching as the girl leans off her car. She taps her chin in fake thought, pretending to consider the offer.

"Yeah," she laughs, "as soon as I'm done helping my grandma cook."

Bill grins widely, "cool. S-So you can d-drive us around to l-look for Georgie again?"

"Definitely."

With that, Bill makes his way back to the Quarry. Wren drives off with a smile, and Bill comes back with a frown. He's starting to feel really bad about what he's doing. He keeps telling himself it's for the best, but what if it really hurts Wren?

He's also starting to get worried about Stan. The curly headed kid is making himself physically ill from guilt— and Richie seems like he'll bust any second.

When he gets back to the other losers, Eddie stands and walks towards him immediately.

"What'd she say?" The asthmatic boy questions.

"S-She's gonna p-pick us up later."

"So you kissed her?" Eddie mumbles, looking rather disappointed.

"Is her saliva as sweet as everyone says it is?" Richie jokes, "you're so lucky, Bill."

Beverly raises her eyebrow, and glances towards the boy. She didn't realize he was with Wren. Or is it the boys simply teasing him? Bill's eyes widen and he begins to shake his head. "I-I don't know what y-you're talking about. I don't e-even like Wren."

Bev sighs in relief.

Stan frowns deeply, and watches as Eddie twitches with annoyance.

So that's it. Wren really is just a side chick to him.

Richie carefully looks between Bill and Bev, quickly catching onto the clear connection. He frowns a little, nervously beginning to make jokes that don't even apply to the situation. The only person listening to him is Ben, who seems just as irritated by Bill as everyone else— only for different reasons.