13

As soon as Wren drove off, Stan sprung into action. He called over all the losers, and somehow managed to convince his parents to let him stay out for the night.

One by one, the losers all showed up to Stan's yard, thoroughly surprised with the sight of him with dried up blood down his face.

"What the hell are we doing here?" Richie questions, being the last to show.

Stan is pacing, "We have to fix everything."

"W-What do y-you mean?" Bill questions, concern written in his expression.

Eddie is so panicked by Stan's pacing that he has to pull out his inhaler and take multiple hits off it. What if something really bad happened? Does it have to do with Wren?

"I told, Bee! I told her the truth!" He cries, not stopping his pacing.

Bill's eyes widen, and Eddie begins to take even more puffs off his inhaler. Richie takes his glasses off, and nervously rubs his eyes.

Bev, Ben, and Mike are all confused. They have no idea about the whole situation, considering none of them were friends at the time they had made the deal to use Wren.

"W-Why did y-you do that?!" Bill questions, trying to get Stan to stop pacing.

"Because it was killing me, Bill! I was literally sick from guilt. She was so upset, sh-she cried! I've never seen her cry, a-and she punched me in the nose!" He exclaims, still freaking out about everything. "We have to fix this!"

Suddenly, the three boys are yelling over each other, arguing about what they should do next. Mike and Ben look at Beverly for help

"What the hell is going on?! Will someone please explain?!" Bev shouts over them, and everyone quiets down.

"N-Nothing—" Bill starts.

"Stop fucking lying, Bill!" Eddie shouts. He turns to Bev with a frown, "Bill has been basically fake-dating Bee, so we could use her car."

"What the fuck," Mike mutters.

"Why would you do that?!" Ben exclaims, looking at them all disappointedly. They stare down at their shows shamefully.

"Wow," Bev mutters. "Now she's gonna think we were all in this together. I can't believe how fucking horrible you guys are."

"We're not the only horrible ones! You've been sneaking around her and clearly flirting with, Bill," Stan defends, pointing an accusing finger at her. Eddie sniffles loudly as everyone around him breaks out into arguments. They don't quiet down until they hear a loud sob leave the boy.

Richie steps in immediately, "Eds, are you alright?"

"N-No. Remember how you kept teasing me about liking her? And I would roll my eyes and say I didn't?" He reminds with a soft voice. "Well, I was lying. I really like her a lot— but now I'll never even get to tell her if I ever had the courage to do it."

Bill fidgets a little, "if y-you liked her, w-why didn't you e-ever tell me?"

"I wasn't sure," he admits, "at first, I thought maybe I was allergic to her, or something— and maybe that's why I was having heart palpitations. But then, I watched this movie, and the main guy felt the same way I feel about Bee— plus, I researched it, and it's practically impossible for you to be allergic to another human being—"

"You really like her, don't you?" Bev smiles.

Eddie can only blush and nod his head in response.

"Wait wait wait, are we all just gonna ignore the fact that Eddie openly admitted to watching a chick flick?" Richie snorts. Stan punches his shoulder, quieting the boy.

"Beep beep, Richie," he mumbles, "this isn't the time for jokes."

"Hey, I'm just saying!" Richie retaliates, holding his hands up defensively.

"Th-This is my fault," Bill sighs, "w-we should f-find her, so I-I can take the blame."

Stan shakes his head, "we all have to apologize—Me, you, Richie, and Eddie. All of us were in on this, and we have to own it together. I just really hope she forgives us..."

"We'll come too. We can help find her," Mike states.

Ben nods his head in agreement. Everyone looks between each other with both determined and forgiving smiles.

"This is great and all, shit heads, but where the hell do we even look? I mean, this is Wren we're talking about. She could be anywhere," Richie states.

"We should ask her grandma first," Mike suggests.

"I-I agree. S-She always s-s-said that her grandma k-knows everything," Bill hums.

In less than a minute, they're all biking down the road, following Mike's lead. Stan sighs with an immense amount of relief, and calmly rides his bike. Whatever happened now— at least he told the truth.

It takes about 15 minutes for them all to reach a nice house.

Mike drops his bike, and everyone follows him inside. Even Stan doesn't bother putting his bike on it's stand. Richie glances at Eddie every once in a while, noticing the freckled boy's aura change.

"Michael? Is that you?" Nona calls, as she opens the door.

Isn't she blind?!

"Yes ma'am, it's me," he replies, holding out his hand to her. She gladly takes it and smiles, her shades still cover her eyes.

"Who are these fine young folks you've brought along?"

"These are some friends of mine and Wrens. We came here to ask about her, actually. We really need to see her."

Nona frowns, "she went to a party, quite astonishingly. I believe the party hostess is named Greta Bowie."

"Greta Bowie?" Eddie mumbles, "but she hates Greta..."

Nona's head quickly turns to the voice. Suddenly, her smile raises into an extremely large one. Eddie's eyes widen, and he stumbles back nervously.

"Kaspbrak, right? I warned her about you," she laughs. "Yet, she insisted on liking Bill."

Bill raises an eyebrow.

"Anyway," Nona hums, "you should be going now. Save Wren from whatever hell shes gotten herself into."

Mike smiles, "thank you. Have a nice night."

With that, they speed towards Greta's house. Bev can't help but feel anxious the entire bike ride there.