Prolouge- The Speech

*late at night at Celestia and Solaris' School of Gifted Unicorns*

*Twilight and Dusk are on a podium giving a speech*

Twilight: *smiles calmly* If somepony had told us when we were blank flanks that one day we'd give a speech to a class at Celestia's and Solaris' School of Magic, we wouldn't have believed it, but...*stops as she shuffles the cards*

Dusk: We hope that we have been up to the task, because we can tell that all of you are and that the future of Equestrian magic is in good hooves.

Spike/Barbra: [clapping] *grins nervously* Wow, hehe. That was even better than the first eleven times. [clears throat]

Twilight: *concerned* Eh, I don't know, guys.

Dusk- *concerned* We'd like to be able to get through the whole speech without looking at the cards.

Spike: *grins* Come on, Twilight! Dusk!

Barbra- *grins* You guys can't be nervous about giving a speech to a bunch of magic students!

Twilight: Oh, we're not nervous, but we do have to set a good example, especially for magic students.

Dusk- *arches eyebrow with a smirk* That's why this speech has to be...

Spike/Barbra: [sighs] Perfect?

Twilight/Dusk: *calmly* Exactly. Let's go through it one more time. [clears throat] When Princess Celestia and Prince Solaris asked us to speak to you today, we were honored to have the opportunity to talk about our favorite subject: magic.

*Spike and Barbra lay back bored*

*the next morning at the real presentation*

*Lyra, Harpsy, Dolphin Daze, and Sea Swirl rush to get inside*

Twilight/Dusk: *speaking* Obviously, the long term effects of...

*they take their seats*

Audience Pony: Shhhh.

Dolphin Daze/Sea Swirl- *confused*

*Twilight and Dusk are showing a slide with the CMC and their new cutie marks*

Twilight Sparkle: ...the simultaneous acquisition of cutie marks has yet to be determined, but... [sips water]

Dusk- *calmly* Ahem. Next slide, please.

*they look to the audience to see Spike and Barbra sleeping next to the projector*

Spike/Barbra: [snoring]

Moondancer/Lunar- *sweetly wakes them up*

Spike/Barbra- *wakes them up* Huh? Huh! *changes the slide*

*the slide shows Spike and Barbra with drinks relaxing at the beach*

*the correct slide shows a picture of the Mane 6, Colt 6, Spike, and Barbra*

Twilight: We can speak from our own experience that the power of Cutie Mark Magic is very real, and in the instance of our friends and us, it can be traced to a single event!

Dusk- *calmly explains* Without Rainbow Dash's and Rainbow Blitz's race to defend Fluttershy's and Butterscotch's honor, this rainboom wouldn't have happened.

Twilight- *calmly* Fluttershy and Butterscotch might never have discovered their love of animals.

Dusk- Applejack and AJ might never have realized that they belonged on their farm.

Twilight- And Pinkie Pie and Bubble Berry might never have decided to leave theirs.

Dusk- *calmly* It must be hard to imagine Rarity and Elusive without their sense of fabulousness.

Twilight/Dusk- *looks at each other calmly* But it's even harder to fathom what our lives would be like.

Twilight- Without this rainboom, we might not have gotten into magic school.

Dusk- *looks at Spike and Barbra warmly* We wouldn't have hatched the best assistants in Equestria.

Audience- Awww...

Spike/Barbra- *nearly at tears happily*

Twilight- *nods* Celestia and Solaris wouldn't have taken us on as their pupils or us to Ponyville to meet our friends. *smiles calmly* (Wish you two were here with us...)

Dusk- And the most powerful thing about Cutie Mark Magic that we found is the connection we share with them.

*they both look around the audience and see proud unicorns and spots two specific unicorns with purple and turquoise manes with star cutie marks*

*Twilight and Dusk blink and they disappear*

Twilight: *lights horn* * concerned* But, um... *looks through the cards*

Dusk- *lights horn* *squints closely* *concerned*

[cards shuffling]

Twilight/Dusk: *calmly* The real question about... Cutie Mark Magic is...who it seems to affect.

*everypony claps happily*