Introduction

I don't really like repeating myself so pay attention and read really well. Just so you know, I don't like introducing myself but since it's necessary, I guess I have no choice.

First thing's first, caring about how people think of me was the least of my concern.

Feel free to judge me. I'm pretty sure to give you a big 'I DON'T CARE' sign complete with glitter dusts, ribbons and laces. I know myself better than anyone and only a few people know who I really am. If you don't know who I really am then by all means, you have no right to talk shit about me.

Bad introduction, eh? I know. I intended it to be that way.

Name's Niel Xander Mikado. That's my English name, the name that I often use here in the Philippines. I have another name- my Japanese name. Actually, all of us in the family have an English name and Japanese name. I am called Shinra in Japanese. Wondering why I have two names? Me either.

Weird surname right? What's with the surname? It's because I am three-fourths Japanese and the rest is Filipino. My Oto-sama, that's what I call my dad, was a pure-blooded Jappy guy while my Oka-sama, my mom, is a Fil-Japanese.  I like my surname- it's the title of the Emperor of Japan.

I am the youngest of a rowdy gang of five all-male siblings and I hate it for obvious reasons but if you're still clueless as to why I hate being the youngest, you'll know later. With our number, I and my siblings can already form a basketball team. They like playing basketball. I don't. And same goes to any other form of sports that requires more energy than lifting a finger. My life is quite sedentary and it's fine for me.

Being the youngest has more cons than pros, especially in the kind of upbringing that I have. From the day I could remember, I've been living in the shadows of my brothers and continually following the standards that were set by their achievements. It has always been about my brothers, not me. Everyone would often say that ' you'll be like your Kuya Kei,' 'you have to surpass your Kuya Jei,' 'you're going to be like your Kuya Jyu,' or 'you're becoming like your Kuya Kyu,' Oh please, spare me the comparison and all that shit.

I am a completely different being with a completely different set of characteristics and traits. Don't you think that it is unfair for people to base my life on the lives of my brothers? The hell was that? So much for being the insignificant fifth son.

When I was younger, I would often feel resentful about this. Back then, I cared so much about the standards imposed on me but that was history.

I snapped big time.

What the hell am I doing? Why do I let other people define my life?

So that's me. The hidden me, to be exact.  

Tagalog nga muna tayo at baka may mag-epistaxis d'yan sa side.

Nagulat kayo no? Akala n'yo silent na tao ako no? Ang totoo madaldal ang utak ko. I like mentally commenting on almost everything that caught my fancy. Ito ang hidden personality ko- more like a side of me that was exclusive for my close friends.