Nijyukyu

~29~

I could hear the sound of the wildlife when I woke up the next day. Medyo madilim pa sa labas. Being someone who's not allowed to be overly exposed to direct sunlight, I would often go swimming in the sea before the sun shines everytime we go to the beach.

Tulog pa ang lahat nang umalis ako sa villa. Mamaya pa naman ang breakfast kaya naman may dalawang oras pa ako para maligo sa fabled southern tip. Maganda daw kasi ang southern part ng island.

I took the golf cart the management gave per villa and casita. It's the major way to get around the island. And yes, marunong akong magdrive ng golf car. It's not even as complicated as a real car. Walang headlights ang golf cart pero may mga ilaw naman sa gilid ng kalsada.

The sand is just amazing! It's so white and soft! I'm gonna die! I looked around saw no one around which is expected since it's about 4:30 in the morning. I striped myself down to my swimming trunks and waded into the cold water.

Hindi lang dahil sa ayokong masyadong maarawan kaya madaling araw ako naliligo, gusto ko din naman kasi na walang masyadong tao sa paligid. It's not like there are a lot of people here in the first place. The price tag itself filters the tourists. Kaya ayaw ko sa Boracay. It's crowded as hell.

Since hindi ako marunong lumangoy, nagfo-floating lang ako at nagrelax. It's like having yoga in the water with the sound of the sea and wildlife in the background. I could see old light from the stars above me as I floated in the calm water.

I was peacefully looking at the stars while floating nang biglang may isang mukha ang nag-appear sa peripheral vision ko.

"Holy sh-" bulalas ko habang nagkukumahog na iniwasto ang sarili. I struggled to stand while in the water kaya napaluhod nalang ako.

I wiped my face with my hand to clearly see who's the damn guy who suddenly appeared. However, the first thing I saw was the guy's crotch which was almost directly in front of me. What a very eventful first meeting.

I immediately crawled farther from the stranger who was only wearing a white speedo. Ang awkward naman kasi kung unang kita mo palang sa tao eh crotch agad ang nakita mo.

"Hi!" he greeted with a wide smile as he waved at me. I looked at him with narrowed eyes. I am very suspicious of overly-friendly strangers.

He looked like he's full-blooded or at least have American blood but I can't be that sure since it's still quite dark. What I can be sure of is that he's way taller than me. Siguro kasing edad siya ni Kuya Jyu.

"H-hello," I awkwardly answered.

"Seems like you also like this part of the island. I would often go skinny dipping here during the early hours of the morning every time we're here," kwento niya as if close na kami. "I was supposed to be skinny dipping but since you're also here,I guess it's quite awkward if I do that." He laughed after he said that.

Being the cynical person that I am, I barely laughed with him. "Y-yeah. That would be awkward."

"Name's Blake, by the way." Iniabot niya ang kamay niya sa akin. I shook it out of respect.

"Sand po," I responded.

"Cut the 'po'. I'm not even that old," he said jokingly and lowered himself into the water until only his neck and head are visible.

Nalaman kong Fil-Am nga siya at schoolmates pa kami. He's quite talkative. Para siyang may pagkakahalintulad kay Paolo, only that may accent siya kapag nagtatagalog. Mahahalata mong lumaki siya sa US.