STAWP | Chapter 59

Hi!!!!!

Are you ready for a confrontation with POW?!?!

I really, really hope you like this chapter! It's dedicated to @KaitlynSmith628. Hope you like this chapter with the Pissed Off Wolf! Oh boy is right! 

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ 

Saffron

"What's going on here?" POW demands. The light from the fireplace casts his face in shadows, but in no way hides the pissed off, angry expression that's directed at me.

"Nothing, Sir." I quickly pull away from Logan and jump to my feet, bowing my head respectfully. The linoleum floor is cold against my bare feet, but I don't dare put on my flip flops. I just stand still and try not to fidget.

"Why aren't you both in bed?" POW demands. " Separately?" The implication being that we might be in bed together? I flush in embarrassment. It's not like POW caught me and Logan making out. All we were doing was talking.

"We couldn't sleep." Logan announces, arching a rebellious eyebrow. He rises lazily from the couch, as if he doesn't have a care in the world, and I guess maybe he doesn't. I wish I could be that confident about my future, but right now it might involve broken bones, a dungeon, or both.

I glance nervously at Logan and he moves to stand next to me. He meets my gaze, and then takes another step forward and stands in front of me, blocking me from POW. The protective gesture warms my heart, and I realize I'm falling for Logan. It's not just about wanting to kiss him anymore. I like him, as a person. He's patient and kind and an overall good guy who tries to do the right thing. He'd also never let POW hurt me, but could he stop him?

"Well, you're not going to get any sleep sitting here," POW announces. "Saffron, I'll walk you to your room."

I freeze in horror. My room! Jasper's still in there, doing Goddess only knows what with Zara. I can't go back there, not when they're probably naked. Not when they're having sex! They were practically getting it on with the door still open. What if POW forces me to go inside? Or throws the door open and sees Zara and Jasper naked and... I can't let that happen!

"Is there a reason you don't want to go back to your room, Saffron?" POW asks at my obviously panicked look.

"No, Sir," I tell him."I can find my way back on my own."

"Considering you're out of bed after curfew, I think I should come with you." POW argues, gesturing for me to proceed him out of the room.

"Father, can I speak to you for a moment?" Logan asks. "In the hall?"

POW nods and heads out of the room. As soon as his back is to us, I slip my flip flops onto my half-frozen feet.

"Saf," Logan whispers. "Saf!" I look up and he makes the universal sign for call and looks at me desperately. "I'll distract him."

"I can't," I whisper, shaking my head. I pick it up Zara's phone and point at the lock screen. I have no way of calling them. No way of warning her and Jasper. Not without Zara's PIN.

Logan takes his phone out of his pocket, unlocks it and tosses it to me just as POW sticks his head in. "Well?" the Pissed Off Wolf growls, and Logan quickly follows him out of the room.

"I'm sure you can trust Saffron to go to her room on her own." Logan's voice rings from the hallway, and I quickly slip Zara's phone into my pant pocket and start going through Logan's phone, looking for Jasper's number. I pulse on my toes nervously, panicking. Logan has tons of contacts and it takes me forever to scroll through them all and get to the right one. Finally, I find it. I press the call button and hold the phone up to my ear, waiting.

"I am sure you're right," I overhear POW's reply from the hall. I feel a wave of relief, but then he continues. "I'm still going with her to make sure she actually gets there."

Panicking again, I listen to the phone ring. I have to do something. I'm not just worried about Zara getting in trouble, though it's a big part of it. I don't want her getting grounded, or whatever it is that happens for sneaking a boy into your room. What if POW beats them? I wouldn't put it past him. Plus, Zara and Jasper would be so embarrassed if POW actually walked in on them having sex. I have to stop him and warn Jasper.

"I can walk her," Logan suggests.

I cross my fingers as the phone rings one last time and goes to voice mail. Please, please, please, let Logan walk me back to my room, I pray.

"Which you should have done," POW lectures, "the moment you discovered she wasn't in her room after curfew."

Heart sinking. I hang up and dial Jasper again. Please pick up.

"We were just talking," Logan defends. "I'll walk her back now."

"Is there a reason you don't want me walking her to her room?"

"No, but—"

"Good. Saffron?" POW sticks his head into the library.

I quickly hide Logan's phone behind my back and step out into the hall.

"Wait for me in my office," POW tells Logan. "Saffron, let's go." He starts down the hall. The moment his back is turned, I slip Logan his phone and shake my head desperately to let him know I couldn't reach Jasper. "Saffron?" POW turns around impatiently.

"Sorry, Sir," I quickly follow. As soon as POW turns away from me, I look over my shoulder and see that Logan is holding his phone up to his ear, a panicked expression on his face.

With each step that POW and I take down the hall, bringing us closer to Zara and Jasper, my heart beats faster and faster. I need to find a way to stop him. I need to save Zasper!

I try to think of something, anything, but my mind is blank. POW starts down the stairs, and I feel my palms begin to sweat as I follow. Please, I pray to the Moon Goddess, please, please don't let POW walk in on Jasper and Zara having sex. Please don't let something really, really terrible or embarrassing happen.

By the time we get to the second floor, my heart is pounding wildly in my chest. I can feel myself getting desperate, but there is nothing I can do except follow POW. Each step takes us closer to my room, and my panic builds. I keep expecting a half-naked Jasper to run out, holding his boxers against his crotch, eyes wild and hair mussed. I feel sick to the stomach at the confrontation that's about to happen, but I force myself to keep walking.

The hall remains quiet, and questions race through my mind. Is it possible that Logan managed to reach Jasper? Could he have left already or be hiding in the closet? Or are the two of them still completely oblivious and doing it? Oh Goddess, I don't want to walk in and see something I can't unsee.

○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○○ 

Did you like this chapter? What did you think? 

Is someone in trouble? 

What will happen next?

Is anyone else freaking out?

Also, do you think I should re-do the book cover for Sold to a Wolf Pack? Or keep it the same? What do you want it to look like? 

♥ If you liked this chapter, vote! Or comment! Or just stick around and read the next chapter! You know, whatever... ♥