1| "It's Just Another Day."

Aria

"Ah!" I screeched when the loud blast of noise came in the form of a smack to the window.

"W-what?" My eyes were halfway open when I saw a whole flock of pigeons scattering around. Surprise, surprise, when I opened up the curtains, I saw the pigeon that crashed into my window, laying dead on the grass. Sort of like me on my late nights.

Really? I sighed especially once I checked my clock to see it wasn't even seven and I was now awake when I wanted to be sleeping.

With that in mind, I went downstairs and rubbed my very tired eyes. I felt my way through the kitchen until reaching the fridge. It was only after I got the orange juice in the cereal? Wait, what?

"You've got to be kidding me?" I asked as my eyes widened. "Seriously?"

This has been a weird day and I haven't gone to school yet. Then again, I was going on a Friday. A Friday. I was really considering doing a skip day like a lot of people in my class except I always end up going to school anyways. I wouldn't classify myself as a typical "good girl," I just have some freaky paranoia of getting abducted or killed if I did choose to skip. Lifetime movies may be unrealistic but they could still happen.

Speaking of Lifetime, I could hear the drama from my neighbors through the thin walls. I had to plug in my music. Not that I couldn't handle what was said, I just had no interest in listening in on a real telenovela. Plus they were so damn noisy, they could wake the dead. I simply ate my cereal in peace and went about my day.

The rest of the morning actually went by fast. Shower, outfit choosing, other general hygiene was all done like whoosh. I had just finished brushing my hair when I heard Papi walk in.

"Morning mija."

"Morning Papi."

He gave me a kiss on my forehead before grabbing his food. "You ready for school?"

"Yep." I nodded. "It's just like any other day."

"Good attitude."

"Yeah." I continued nodding. "It's just another day..."

Ah, if only reality were so kind.

When I arrived, there was a red banner in the spirit of our school colors, plastered on the wall. A lot of people were crowded outside that I felt like I was back at that Miley Cyrus concert which I was dragged to. Bad memories though unforgettable at the same time.

On my way down the hall, I saw that cute, southern guy with the glasses and always chic in the way he dressed.  His name was Lyle Calhoun and he was whiter than snow yet could brighten the day no matter what came out of his mouth.

"Save the wolves!" Lyle exclaimed as he attempted to pass out flyers. "Or the pandas or something. Either way, you're helping the world!"

He looked around and lunged forward with a flyer. "Care to support the movement?"

He moved to the right and did the same. "How about you guys over there?"

"Shut up, loser!" one of the tough assholes shouted before they tossed half their sandwich at him.

It got him right in the face to which he froze, licked his lips and said, "Thank you, future dropout for your contribution. That-that was really kind."

Poor guy, I immediately inched toward the napkin dispenser and handed him some to clean up that leftover mayonnaise.

"Thanks," he said.