22| "I Wanted You To Come Home."

Lyle

"Come on Lyle...You can do this." I quietly repeated to myself as I tried typing up my paper for English. It was hard enough concentrating with the background noise from the group now my brother was coming home tonight. Tonight! As if things weren't difficult enough, his presence would only make everything far more complicated. Oh...

My head was pounding and I held it while my friends were engaged in whatever conversation.

"Did you remember to bring that raspberry chocolate bar you promised?" Aria asked Elise.

"Shit, no I didn't." Elise groaned. "Ugh, I keep forgetting things lately."

"Oh that's alright."

"No seriously, I've just been so–" Elise yawned loudly. "God. I've just been so damn tired lately."

"Really? How come?"

"I hear it's from all the dick she's getting." Dominic commented as he wove his was into their little talk.

I rolled my eyes as the girls both scoffed.

"Don't you have somewhere better to be?" Elise demanded.

"I wish." Dominic replied. "But since you guys insisted, we came here instead."

"Well it was the most convenient spot where we wouldn't get thrown out." Aria chuckled.

"Agreed." I said aloud where Dominic planned to say something back only to shake his head in annoyance which left me feeling pretty satisfied. Afterwards I continued clacking away at the keyboard, Johnny kept listening to his music plugged in as he surfed the web, and all else was quiet in the computer lab... Until the arrival of a certain group I couldn't stand. They were even worse than the jocks.

"Excuse me." The nasally voice of Marvin Ellsworth flowed into our ears. "This area is for the robotics team. You know, the real heroes of the world. Not the next generation of fast food service."

In that moment we all turned to him and his little cronies. That snaggletooth and smug grin combined with his horribly far from intimidating stance he gave us with his arms crossed, simply was ridiculous. He was barely five and a half feet standing in between guys above six, who unfortunately were no less complete snobs.

"What are you waiting for?" Adam demanded. "Leave... now."

"Yeah, we've got important work here." Gregory followed up.

"Well so do we." Elise fired back.

"Ah, the oriental speaks." Marvin sneered.

"Yo, forever virgin." Johnny called out while he unplugged his earbuds. "Shut the fuck up."

I snorted when I heard that. Johnny always had a way of making me laugh without even touching me and I loved it. Actually. I wouldn't mind the touching either, but this worked too.

To my surprise, Marvin scoffed at my response. "Something humorous over there?"

"Nope."

"Marvelous."

Ugh, I rolled my eyes as he used the most predictable word he could've used. Plus it was nowhere near as splendid as my favorite word.