23| "I Had No Regrets."

Elise

"Are you almost done?" Todd called out as I rinsed the last of the puke out of my hair.

"Yeah. Give me a second."

Ugh, this morning sucked. Recently, I had been such a mess. I couldn't quite put my finger on what the fuck it was. Before, I was able to figuratively joke about how certain things make me gag. Now it was literal. The scent of any cooked chicken, other girls going on about their periods, and of course, cauliflower. The root of all that is evil. In an effort to mend the bridge between my mother and myself, I sat down for dinner with them and even tried some of her garlic and barbecue marinated cauliflower. Fact about me: I hate cauliflower. It was honestly just flavorless broccoli that made me wanna gag. Here we are the morning after, like one of my hangovers.

I flushed the toilet before washing my face and hands to rid the stench, but it only made me feel more sick.

My stomach churned as the stench hit my nose and I sprayed a lot of freshener which did help. Eventually, I got out where Todd recoiled with the nose wrinkle and everything. "Whoa, you okay?"

"Nope, but I've got shit to do."

"Well you look like shit yourself."

"Yeah. Thanks for the compliment." I rolled my eyes, purposefully bumping into him on my way back to my room. Once I got inside, I shut the door and held my head.

Oh please don't do this to me today, I prayed despite not believing in a God. My head felt warmer than usual, but it was fine. It was my groggy voice that was really driving me insane. Though not as insane as guys saying that it sounded seductive. Once I asked some dude for a napkin and he took it as me offering to deliver a hand job. Like what in the actual fuck?

I rested my head on the desk before hearing the door open. Immediately, I sat back up and acted like things were fine even though Normack saw through my bullshit.

"Late night, Miss Roswell?" he asked in his usual proper tone.

I chuckled and told him. "No, I've just been feeling really weird lately."

"Any particular reason why that is?"

"Eh, not that I could think of." I shrugged. "Besides, I've never exactly been a cheerful, energetic person."

"You know, that isn't the worst thing. We get plenty of those around and I need all the coffee in the world to through the day."

Both of us laughed for awhile until coming to an abrupt stop. His face got all serious again and I quickly readjusted by sitting up straight. He cleared his throat and then carried on. "Anyways, getting back to the first event you five pulled together. How do you think it went?"

"This is probably gonna sound bad, but Aria was the real star here. Not me, not Dominic, especially not Johnny–"

"You two really need to work out those issues."

"We will sir." I lied through my teeth. We already did work it out, nothing more to be said. I then flipped my hair back and returned to praising Aria. "She's so organized and does bring a lot of great ideas to the table. Better than what I could've come up with. I mean if we were a couple, she'd be the bride with exquisite taste and I'd be the ho-hum groom who checked out the dresses and sampled the cake."