6| "I'm a Whole New Girl."

Elise

"Aria?" I called out and heard the lock click before being yanked into the bathroom. The door shut quickly behind me, almost prompting me to scream. The screech was muffled once Aria placed her hand over my mouth. My heart kept beating beyond control until she took her other hand and locked the door again as she let me go.

"Are you insane?" I shouted in a hushed tone.

Aria's eyes shifted both ways. "Maybe?"

I face-palmed at her less than confident response while she stomped her foot and said, "I don't know! What I do know though is that Esmé's trying to go after me."

"You mean that bitch who wears way too much make-up and is like 5'6?"

"Uh-huh."

"Oh you could totally take her." I snickered. "I mean, she's feisty but get a good piece of that hair and down she goes."

"I've already taken her." Aria responded in a hollow tone.

I went from smiling to raising my eyebrows. "Say what?"

"Last Friday." Aria whispered. "We got into this whole thing and she took me out back."

"You fought her?"

"Yep." Aria rapidly nodded. "I thought it would be over but now she's out for blood."

"Oh fuck me." I felt my hands slowly dragging down my face. "Listen, you need to tell her she has no right to do this shit and if she does, she'll be scrubbing toilets the rest of her pathetic life."

"She won't accept it."

"Well she better." I scoffed. "This is our senior year. Our last year in this fucking school. She wants to be all crazy, fine. It's not fine though if she thinks it's cool to beat the shit out of decent girls like you."

Aria stood there silently processing what I just said. Meanwhile, I found myself profusely pacing back and forth only to cringe at the ghastly stench. "Yuck, someone needs to Febreeze this shit."

Luckily, there was a bottle on the counter which I grabbed and sprayed all the way down even if Aria was coughing.

"There." I placed my hands on my hips and stood tall. The smell of cranberries now beautifying the air. "That's much better."

"But what should I do?" Aria asked toward the end of her coughing streak.

"Tell her to fuck off and leave it at that."

"That might be a real bad idea." Aria dug into her backpack and pulled out a bunch of crumpled papers. "You see these are all the threats she's been sending me."

"You're worthless trash. Talk to me again and I'll take you out."

"I can't wait until you're all alone."

"Better sleep with one eye open, puta

"Lay a finger on me again and we'll fuck you up."

"Fucking Christ." I exclaimed when seeing just how vulgar this twisted, little bitch could get.

"And it gets much worse."

I scanned through some pretty nasty messages only to receive more which made me a bit sick inside. "Okay, normally I'd steer clear of law enforcement but this is some serious shit."