The Coals Are Beginning To Glow

Chapter One: Each Hour Was A War

Finn's POV:

My eyes stung with tears. My sobs slowly fading.

I'm practically useless now, I mean, who wants a depressed human with one arm to help them? What kind of hero am I now?

I'm alone, with only my thoughts. My depression. My anxiety. My chance to slip out of reality.

My only family is Jake, but he's hardly around anymore. Over the years we've seemed to grow apart.

I walk over to the window nearest to me. I use my left hand to wipe away some of the fog so I can see.

Nothing but a black sky and rain.

All it ever does anymore is rain. Which means she won't be out.

Not that she would visit anyways; she's pretty much the ruler of the Fire Kingdom.

I won't be visiting her either, unless she needs me to.

I hear a loud roll of thunder followed by lightning. It catches me off guard, making me jump.

I won't be out today either. I don't want to risk being struck by lightning.

Maybe if I booked it to wherever I was going... no that won't work.

I don't know where I'd go. I'd end up aimlessly wandering around for hours on end.

I remember how people used to ask me what was wrong, and I'd reply to give them reassurance.

Now I ignore the questions and walk away because my hope is gone.

There were some days each hour felt like a war. I struggle to survive, but the pains gets worse.

People just need to realize that I've changed. I'm not the same reckless human I was before.

I collapse on my bed with a loud sigh. Soon exhaustion takes over, and I fall into sleep.

Adam's POV:

I stare up at the stars in the clear night sky, my lack of awareness almost making me trip over my feet.

I know I shouldn't be out in the dead of the night because I'm 15. I'm just sick of being cooped up in my parents basement not being able to sleep because I have insomnia.

Usually I stay up writing music only for myself to hear. Tonight I just need some inspiration.

Suddenly it starts to rain; it gets heavier and heavier.

Then I hear thunder followed by a flash of lightning.

"Just great," I think.

I quicken my pace and start to head home.

My footsteps hit the sidewalk in time with the raindrops.

The rain steadily increases and I hear more thunder and see lightning.

I then start to run; I walked pretty far.

Suddenly I loose my balance and trip over my feet.

I fall backwards with a "Thud!"

My vision starts to fail me. Everything becomes a blur. Then it turns black.

~Author's Note~

Sorry if this part is really boring, trust me there will be more action throughout the story. It will be around 15-20 parts. Anyways, let me know what you think so far by commenting and voting. Thanks for reading!! :)