Chapter Five: The Fire Brought Me To Life

Adam's POV:

  "What happened to your hand?" Flame Princess asks.

  I look down at my hand not wanting to make eye contact, "I sort of broke through the window."

  She looks around the room and sees the window, "You did that?"

  I hide my face in my hands, "Yes. I'm so sorry."

  "No, it's okay,"

  "I only did it because I wanted you to be safe,"

  "Why? You don't even know me,"

  "Last night you said you'd help me get home, that you promised me that," I reply.

  "I know,"

  "I can't let you have a promise without me having one to you. I promise that I'll try to keep you safe,"

  "You can't promise me that," she says.

  "Why? You promised me the thing that means the most to me right now. I wouldn't feel right if I didn't give you something in return,"

  "No ones promised me that before, I just can't accept it. All I want from everyone is only honesty,"

  "I'll be honest with you, but I'm honestly saying that I promise to keep you safe,"

  There was a moment of silence, I guess we didn't have anything to say.

  I was about to apologize when she asked, "Can I see your hand?"

  I move closer to her and extend my hand.

  "Will you unwrap it, I don't want to burn you,"

  I unwrap my hand and show her the wound.

  "All that happened because you were trying to save me?" she asks.

  "Uh,... yeah," I reply softly.

  "Thanks, Flames," she smiles.

  "No problem,"

  She moves her hand down to mine and carefully grazes her finger across the injury. I pull my hand back, the pain was getting worse.

  I look down at my hand then back up at her. I look into her eyes, they seem to flicker in the candlelit room.

  I realize she didn't mean to cause me pain, she's passionate.

  She cautiously moves closer. She moves off the couch and sits beside me on the floor.

  Before I have time to question her, I feel her lips lightly press on mine.

  The pain sends chills running down my spine. It burns just quite enough that I enjoy it. I'm flooded by her emotions, her passion.

  She hesitantly pulls away.

  I exhale slowly, feeling a tingling sensation spread over me.

  "Flames," she says, pulling me from my thoughts. "I'm sorry."

Finn's POV:

  The cool spring air makes me feel at ease as I walk onwards to try to find her.

  I'm not exactly sure where to go, she'll either be at her house or at the Fire Kingdom.

  I quickly decide to go to her house first.

  I get there a while later and notice only candle light and a broken window.

  "Something's wrong," I bolt off into her house, not wanting to knock.

  The scene only proves my theory. Someone was trying to hurt her.

  I see her lying on a couch obviously in poor condition, and a guy with a hurt hand.

  "He must've broke the window and hurt her," I think.

  I immediately spring into action. I run across the room and tackle the guy to the floor.

  I hear Flame Princess yell something, but I'm to blinded by rage to hear it.

  I have the guy right where I want him; him pinned under me.

  I pull back my arm, elbowing Flame Princess in the process. I land the punch right on the guy's face.

  I pull my arm back again, clenching my fist tighter, punching the guy in the face again.

  I do this several times until I see blood. Then I stand up.

  "What the heck, Finn!" Flame Princess yells.

  I spin around to face her, "He hurt you."

  "No, no he didn't. He saved me,"

  I look down at the guy, he's holding both hands over his face.

  "Oh," I say, feeling my face grow red with embarrassment.

  Flame Princess leans down beside the guy, "Adam, are you alright?"

  The guy groans in response.

  "I didn't know," I say softly.

  "Obviously," Flame Princess says, closing her eyes and taking a deep breath. "It's okay."

  The guy sits up, placing a hand over his nose to stop the blood.

  "I'm sorry," I say.

  "It's okay," the guy says.

  "I just didn't know, I thought you hurt her,"

  Flame Princess scoffs, "I'm gonna get you something for your nose, Flames."

  "Here," I offer my hand to the guy, who hesitates before taking it.

  I help him sit down on the couch.

  "I'm Finn," I say.

  "Adam,"

  "Take this," Flame Princess says handing Adam a box of tissues.

  "Thanks," he says using one to stop the blood.

  "Finn, what are you doing here?" Flame Princess asks, obviously annoyed by me.

  I open my mouth, and say the thing that could potentially ruin our relationship as friends completely.

~Author's Note~

  Hi, so what do you think of chapter five? Is it good, bad, okay? Let me know your opinions, don't be a shy reader, comment and vote. Any kind of feedback is good. Thanks for reading!!

Question Time: What did you think about the kiss between Adam and Flame Princess? What about the way Finn met Adam? :)