Chapter Nine: As It Feels With Light

Finn's POV:

  The coolness of the night air makes me shiver.

  I glance over at Adam who is looking up at the sky, then down at my hand.

  A yawn escapes my mouth. I haven't been able to sleep well since I started having the nightmares.

  The stars shimmered in the dark sky. Beneath the moonlight left a feeling of ease, almost serenity.

  It was actually a nice night. The moon was out and shining, helping to light my way. The other nights had been dreary, grey clouds clouded my vision and rain cascaded over me.

  I break the silence, "Maybe we should go back inside."

  "Yeah," Adam replies.

  "I can call one of my friends tomorrow and we can try to help you get home,"

  "Oh, wow... uh, thanks," Adam stammers.

  I stand up and go back inside, Adam following behind me. I pause once I'm standing in the middle of my room.

  A question comes to my mind, "Why does Flame Princess call you Flames?"

  "It's just a dumb thing a couple of friends and I came up with. It was called Flames Pond, and I told Flame Princess she could call me that,"

  "I'll just call you Adam,"

  "Fine by me,"

  "So," I pause. "I'm going to try to go back to sleep."

  "Okay," and with that Adam walked out of my room and went downstairs.

  I sat down on the edge if my bed, I was afraid to go back to sleep.

  "It's just another bad dream," I thought.

  I laid back down hoping that my wandering mind would distract my eyes so they wouldn't close.

  "Maybe I won't have another dream if I just go to sleep?" I continued to ponder.

  Finally deciding it was for the best I curled up in a blanket and tried to fall asleep.

  ~ Sometimes I have trouble listening, knowing the truth from lies; right from wrong. To me, it's like your mind yells the wrong thing to screw you up and the right thing is a whisper, so soft it's like a breeze. It's a choice, they want you to choose wrongly; like a variable to see if you'll preserve. To see if you are good enough, or just someone who deserves the worst.~