Chapter Eleven: The Ashes And Embers Are Cold

Finn's POV:

  "No," I say. "We're too late."

  I drop to my knees, my eyes wide from the scene that lies in front of me. I'm in shock, petrified would probably be the better word. I try to mutter something, but it comes out so incoherent I can't even tell what I was trying to say.

  Adam bends down next to me, "What happened? I know you know who caused this."

  "Bubblegum," I mumble, but you can still tell what I'm saying.

  "B... but she wouldn't do that. How did you figure it out?"

  I explain to Adam about me finding the directions to the other room, and following them in hopes to find a secret about the Candy Kingdom.

  "So," I continue. "I saw a monitor at the far end of the room, and approached it. Then once I saw what was on it, I immediately had to come here."

  ~I unfortunately found what I was looking for...

  The monitor glowed a red color, which automatically made me come to the conclusion that something was off. But me being naturally curious I had to know what was on it.

  When I saw the blurred image of the map of Ooo, my eyes grew wide in terror. Only to make it worse when I saw the red x across the Fire Kingdom. I knew Bubblegum was going to try to do something to them.

  All I knew was that I had to find Adam and run.~

  "I didn't know it would be this bad though," I start. "I only thought it would be some type of prank, maybe even locking them up-"

  "But she destroyed the whole kingdom," Adam says stealing the words right out of my mouth.

  I gulped down my fear and sorrow. "We need to see if Flame Princess is still alive."

  "Finn, there's nothing but ashes. It's all burned to ashes,"

  I hung my head down in sadness, "The odds may be against us, but we at least have to try to see if she's here."

  Adam nods, standing up.

  I stand up slowly, feeling as though I might puke.

  Adam isn't exaggerating in the least by saying that it's all burned to ashes. The only thing that remains is the rubble of the palace, and some smoke coming off of it.